Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Neil Young

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. I thought this was an RIP thread :eek:

What's he done now, anyway? Antagonizing Southern Man again? ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Christ. I thought this was an RIP thread :eek:

What's he done now, anyway? Antagonizing Southern Man again? ???

No, it's just that you don't have to be a young radical to do the right thing :thumbsup:

And I think he and Ronnie always respected one another's opinions. Thank f*** they weren't on NSC :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, it's just that you don't have to be a young radical to do the right thing :thumbsup:

And I think he and Ronnie always respected one another's opinions. Thank f*** they weren't on NSC :wink:

Just like me and PPF, then.

:whistle::rolleyes:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Van Zant and he were quite good friends, according to some reports I have read from those ITK at the time. Much ado about nothing.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Van Zant and he were quite good friends, according to some reports I have read from those ITK at the time. Much ado about nothing.
The point Van Sant was trying to make was that people were interpreting Neil Young's songs such as Southern Man and Alabama as casting all Southerners as racists.
Sweet Home Alabama tries to say that there was so much more to people in Alabama than the segregationist views of the then Governor George Wallace and his followers.

The verse after the one about Neil Young starts:
"In Birmingham they love the governor (boo-hoo-hoo)
Now we all did what we could do..."

I believe Neil Young actually sang Sweet Home Alabama when the remaining members of lynyrd Skynyrd were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Never mind his pod cast and dubious covid stance I love Joe Rogan when sticks to commentating on UFC mixed martial arts fights. He has a humorous but incredibly knowledgeable way of explaining what is happening when it comes to Brazilian jujitsu.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There a first

He’s so woke he managed to cancel himself :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here