Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2022

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I listened to the new Orlando Weeks album last night. Very good, bit yacht rocky, wondering if we'll be treated to live panpipes when he plays Brighton next month

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
End of March brings a sumptuous coming together of piano music from all 4 corners of the globe.

A real 'who's who', can't wait.

Screenshot_20220121-202504~2.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yard Act, Binker & Moses, and Black Country, New Road all either out or imminent. Suspect there will be a few others, but those are the ones on my radar for now.

My list of albums with confirmed release dates penned in to potentially listen to this year from the heavier end of the spectrum is already at 37, and considering I listened to just over 90 last year, that list will definitely be approaching that if not surpassing it this year. That 37 doesn't yet include the likes of Rammstein, Slipknot and Machine Head, who've said that they are releasing albums this year but haven't confirmed a release date yet.

Been on a bit of a binge of new albums today. Highlight was the new record from Iranian band Confess (most notable for having to flee Iran after being arrested in 2015 for "making satanic music" among other supposed cultural crimes) " is absolutely packed to the brim with riffs and pure anger. Lots of Lamb of God, Max Cavalera and Hatebreed in the mix.

The real big hitter for me in the next few months will be when Zeal & Ardor releases their self-titled third record on February 11th. Their sophomore album "Stranger Fruit" was my favourite album of the 2010s and I've loved everything that Manuel Gagneux has done with his project - a unique synergy of Black Metal and African-American Spirituals. Based on the singles released so far (the track below being the latest) this will be the benchmark for the rest of 2022 when it comes to the Album Of The Year discussion for me.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
A boy named if..... Elvis Costello and the Imposters. Took me a few plays to get into it and its a record you have to stick with. Now really enjoying some great tracks and as always the dense and insightful lyrics.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yard Act, Binker & Moses, and Black Country, New Road all either out or imminent. Suspect there will be a few others, but those are the ones on my radar for now.

I only recently discovered Black Country, New Road. Listened to their album, For The First Time.

I think it's bloody brilliant! Totally different to what I usually find myself listening to. It's like a breath of fresh air for me. Enough jazz nods in there to hold my interest, but it's his voice that draws me in the most. The melodramatic intensity, like he could break down in tears at any moment :lol: But the way he hams it right up, clearly not taking himself too seriously. There's even a lyric in there that references him putting on an American accent. Love it!

Getting stuck into Snow Globes now :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I only recently discovered Black Country, New Road. Listened to their album, For The First Time.

I think it's bloody brilliant! Totally different to what I usually find myself listening to. It's like a breath of fresh air for me. Enough jazz nods in there to hold my interest, but it's his voice that draws me in the most. The melodramatic intensity, like he could break down in tears at any moment :lol: But the way he hams it right up, clearly not taking himself too seriously. There's even a lyric in there that references him putting on an American accent. Love it!

Getting stuck into Snow Globes now :thumbsup:

I was thinking of you when I posted on the gigs thread that Imarhan are playing the Green Door Store.
I think you might like Binker & Moses too. I'll be livid if you don't!

https://binkerandmoses.bandcamp.com/album/feeding-the-machine

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was thinking of you when I posted on the gigs thread that Imarhan are playing the Green Door Store.
I think you might like Binker & Moses too. I'll be livid if you don't!

https://binkerandmoses.bandcamp.com/album/feeding-the-machine

I've kept quiet on Binker and Moses. In all honesty because so far I've only dipped in and I'm struggling a bit. Sorry :blush:

Yet to discover Imarhan.

Currently most enjoying Chelsea Carmichael after hearing her on GP's show recently.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yard Act remind me of most 90s dreadful support acts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here