Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zac Sturge

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sussex Live seems to be running an old story about Bundesliga clubs wanting Albion u18 defender Zac Sturge, who has refused a new contract offer. But the article keeps refusing to load, so the simplest thing would seem to be to ask NSC what’s going on. Anything new from the Sun story last month?

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Never mind all that. When are we going to renew our central defensive partnership at BHASVIC on Sunday mornings? At long last, I'm back (until the next injury)!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange article just a rehash of the previous story from a few weeks back.

Is he injured at the minute, doesn’t seem to have played recently

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When I read it earlier, the only player to give him any trouble was Carlton Palmer at Man City!

I can only conclude from your summary, that someone pointed out this rather obvious gaffe and they have corrected it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Last night I think a read that Zac had finally signed a new contract after convincing him that he has a future at the club. I can't remeber where I read it. Has anyone else seen it? Is this the first real David Weir bit of magic we have seen?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Last night I think a read that Zac had finally signed a new contract after convincing him that he has a future at the club. I can't remeber where I read it. Has anyone else seen it? Is this the first real David Weir bit of magic we have seen?

He was listed as "Extended" on the retained list so he will stay at the club I guess.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When did he change from 'Zak' to 'Zac'? All his entries in Google searches, and the club website, still have him as a 'Zak'.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
More than likely Zak Sturge's agent is a Sun reader, and regularly reads Dear Deidrie......

"Dear Deadrie,
I have this friend who wants to travel to Europe, but his current employer won't let him.
Any advice, please"

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I hope this is right.

Sturge is being lined up for Cucu’s role. He is clearly a few years away but hopefully we can keep Cucu long enough until Zac is ready.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Here perhaps? No idea how ITK the Twitter is...........

https://twitter.com/MaxiDuartePY/status/1536767349700829185

"Maximilliano Duarte [MENTION=22221]Max[/MENTION]iDuartePY
Brighton youngster Zak Sturge has signed a new deal with the club despite interest from Wolfsburg and Leverkusen. The 17 y/o originally rejected a new contract back in January but has reconsidered after it was made clear he’s in the clubs long term plans.
"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

https://twitter.com/MaxiDuartePY/status/1536767349700829185

"Maximilliano Duarte [MENTION=22221]Max[/MENTION]iDuartePY
Brighton youngster Zak Sturge has signed a new deal with the club despite interest from Wolfsburg and Leverkusen. The 17 y/o originally rejected a new contract back in January but has reconsidered after it was made clear he’s in the clubs long term plans.
"

It says Extended on the PL Retained list so perhaps we had an option of a further year?
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2637594

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Given the account bio calls themselves “a freelance Paraguayan journalist” , lists their location as “Uckfield”, says things like Enciso is in “England” when he’s photographed at the same time in a South American airport then perhaps not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given the account bio calls themselves “a freelance Paraguayan journalist” , lists their location as “Uckfield”, says things like Enciso is in “England” when he’s photographed at the same time in a South American airport then perhaps not.

Perhaps t'internet and Google has reached Uckfield then? - he turned out to be right (about Zak Sturge anyway!)
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2637594

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Never mind all that. When are we going to renew our central defensive partnership at BHASVIC on Sunday mornings? At long last, I'm back (until the next injury)!

I've just seen this post. I played CB/sweeper for BHASVIC in the mid-Sussex midweek league in the 76/77 season when we won the league against such titans as United Dairies and the Fire Brigade. Gordon Hook's PE assistant (can't remember the name) captained the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here