Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Responder

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There was also plenty of praise for Martin Freeman’s acting, also saw comments from scousers saying he got the accent spot on.

His accent is flawless. I think he’s well cast. SG would have worked too but he genuinely scares me :lolol:
He was superb in Boiling Point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I get ya. One of my favourite “switch off brain” progs is Four in a Bed :lolol:

But sometimes I like a bit of the dark side!

[Used to love the closing arguments in that].

Below Deck.

I watched the occasional episode last year, after stumbling across it in channel surfing.

Now hooked on Amazon Prime. So well produced, even if contrived, you’re addicted to see what happens next.

Right up my street.

Some nice looking females too and during our cloudy January, it’s wonderful to see the Caribbean, Tahiti and Thailand.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Superbly acted, first time I've liked Martin Freeman in anything for ages. I previously always found him very one-note, with his Tim from The Office single facial expression and everyman gimmick. That said, he is absolutely terrific in this, accent is perfect, character is fascinating.

However, I found the series itself a chore. A very bleak few hours of quality acting of a very dour premise.

3*

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
[Used to love the closing arguments in that].

Below Deck.

I watched the occasional episode last year, after stumbling across it in channel surfing.

Now hooked on Amazon Prime. So well produced, even if contrived, you’re addicted to see what happens next.

Right up my street.

Some nice looking females too and during our cloudy January, it’s wonderful to see the Caribbean, Tahiti and Thailand.

That’s on my list. That sort of stuff is a great escape on my days off. Don’t want anything too heavy when I’ve finished dealing with drug addicts and their abusive partners and pimps for a week of nights. Well, I am watching this but you know what I mean :lolol:

I used to love Coach Trip, great escapism!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Wish it had sub titles, bloody Scouse accents are too strong

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s on my list. That sort of stuff is a great escape on my days off. Don’t want anything too heavy when I’ve finished dealing with drug addicts and their abusive partners and pimps for a week of nights. Well, I am watching this but you know what I mean :lolol:

I used to love Coach Trip, great escapism!

A good analogy with The Coach Trip, I loved that years ago.

A bit more cheapskate, but Holiday Swap could also be good entertainment - a snobbish, wealthy family sent to Butlins or camping at Skegness, a poor family sent skiing in a posh Alpine lodge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A good analogy with The Coach Trip, I loved that years ago.

A bit more cheapskate, but Holiday Swap could also be good entertainment - a snobbish, wealthy family sent to Butlins or camping at Skegness, a poor family sent skiing in a posh Alpine lodge.

Sounds terrible. I’m in! :lolol:

Genuinely love that sort of thing.

Edit; I think I remember watching that actually. Maybe ten years back? Usually ended up with the posh kids loving the cheap holidays because it was pure fun and the poorer kids hating stuff like skiing in France or fine dining in Dubai etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sounds terrible. I’m in! :lolol:

Genuinely love that sort of thing.

Edit; I think I remember watching that actually. Maybe ten years back? Usually ended up with the posh kids loving the cheap holidays because it was pure fun and the poorer kids hating stuff like skiing in France or fine dining in Dubai etc.

There were quite a few episodes and series. Always that sort of thing.

Regarding Four in a Bed, I watched one episode once where two of the couples ended up with unbridled hate towards each other, they happened also to be the thick type wanting to make that hate physical.

The closing meeting disintegrated early, got the impression security was present.

What a great advert for their guesthouses :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Regarding Four in a Bed, I watched one episode once where two of the couples ended up with unbridled hate towards each other, they happened also to be the thick type wanting to make that hate physical.

The closing meeting disintegrated early, got the impression security was present.

The type that just cannot help themselves. They tend to have nicer people on it now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Just thinking on that, around 10-15 years ago all the reality progs of all types tried to pit people against each other. After suicides and the higher awareness of mental health in general, thankfully programs seem to have ditched trying to antagonise participants and manufacture feuds in favour of people helping and getting along with one another. Which makes for a nicer experience for everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here