Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Responder

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone else enjoying the superb Martin Freeman as the morally compromised police officer in this fantastic cop drama?

It’s very good indeed. BBCiPlayer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else enjoying the superb Martin Freeman as the morally compromised police officer in this fantastic cop drama?

It’s very good indeed. BBCiPlayer.

Never heard of it but we love a good cop drama, will give it a whirl :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Gave up during the first episode, disliked it.

Why on earth is he driving around on his own, I thought Police Officers now went in pairs...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Been meaning to watch it. Something to aviod is Trigger point, just awful.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Why on earth is he driving around on his own, I thought Police Officers now went in pairs...

Fair enough.
You still get coppers lone working in patrol cars if they are experienced.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Watched the first two, wasn’t aware all of them was available on iPlayer - will watch the next 3 tonight and tomorrow

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

A depressing watch, wasn’t it?

We’ve only watched one episode, but will give it a second chance. Don’t think it would be too much of a spoiler to say, I gather he gets a partner.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Obviously there will be artistic license but written by Tony Schumacher, a former police officer so should have some grounding in reality.

Guardian gives it five stars.

“The Responder is as fast and riveting as a thriller and as harrowing as a documentary. It says profound things about the toll frontline jobs can take on our compassion and our morals; how fragile every structure, from an individual’s psyche to society en masse, is without emotional, financial and political support; and what happens when we become uncoupled from each other and have nowhere to turn. If you are looking for a state-of-the-nation piece, it is here”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....reeman-is-magnificent-in-tour-de-police-force

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I got half way through the first episode and can’t say I was that impressed, turned it off.
The Twitter comments were funny though, a fair few saying Stephen Graham must have been busy :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Funny the divided opinion. I think it’s cracking. What Line of Duty could have been with a bit more grit and less focus on endless plot twists.
It’s more of a character study than a whizz-banger. But that appeals to me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I got half way through the first episode and can’t say I was that impressed, turned it off.
The Twitter comments were funny though, a fair few saying Stephen Graham must have been busy :lolol:

That is quite amusing! :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mrs.W loves it. I would normally, but it’s far too depressing for me.

By complete contrast, I’m currently binge watching a US ‘reality’ TV prog on Amazon Prime. It makes me laugh and I love the bitching amongst the participants.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mrs.W loves it. I would normally, but it’s far too depressing for me.

By complete contrast, I’m currently binge watching a US ‘reality’ TV prog on Amazon Prime. It makes me laugh and I love the bitching amongst the participants.

I get ya. One of my favourite “switch off brain” progs is Four in a Bed :lolol:

But sometimes I like a bit of the dark side!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thought the first episode was ok, but nothing amazing. However it's picked up since then in episodes 2 & 3 and it's become pretty decent. Took me some time to get used to Martin Freeman's scouse accent though, it's great but I'm just not used to him using anything other than his normal voice. I did have the same "was Stephen Graham busy?" thought as others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here