Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Barry Cryer - RIP

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think this tweet sums him up quite succinctly.

[TWEET]1486643182909730816[/TWEET]

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just heard this, RIP Barry. A complete legend of English comedy.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Very very funny man and totally genuine and likeable!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He was an absolute comedy genius. As an earlier post shows the list of people he wrote for is incredible. Fantastic in his own right on ISIHAC too. Sad day. RIP.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nooooooo ...

Not only was he a brilliantly comic writer but he was also the nicest celeb I've ever met. Spent a wonderful few hours in his company and he was not only funny but a really genuine human being

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Barry, you were at the very heart of British comedy and you will live on in your work. A sad loss.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Deeply saddened by this. Lovely and brilliant man - you always got the impression that the laugh was more important to him than the recognition.

RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
First remember him on Jokers Wild and Hello Cheeky.

Old school funny man and superb writer, who catapulted Kenny Everett into the big league with The Kenny Everett Video Show in 1978. Older NSCers will recall, one week they finished Opportunity Knocks binning Hughie Green and the next week Kenny was on, polar opposites.

Unfortunately The Large One never got him to a St George’s Day lunch in Brighton which was always his intention.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Echo the comments. Barry Cryer has made wonderful company for me over decades. Very funny. And very, very warm.
Thanks and RIP Barry.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nooooooo ...

Not only was he a brilliantly comic writer but he was also the nicest celeb I've ever met. Spent a wonderful few hours in his company and he was not only funny but a really genuine human being

I wrote the previous post before reading this, and I'm not surprised he left such an impression via your encounter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here