Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans' Forum follow-up on the season ticket sharing scheme

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whilst I haven't got a massive problem with the ticket sharing system and charging for. Albion+ membership I do when they refuse to let me transfer my ticket to another season ticket holder for one match. I couldn't make a game and my son [sth] wanted his mate to go with him - he holds a st in another stand. The club totally refused saying their policies don't allow this and I would have to put my ticket on the exchange and he could buy it that way......taking the p*ss or what? From what I have read on this post I feel that the swap meets all of the legal guidelines and rules.

To be fair you’ve quite a few ways of transferring your seat to someone else if you’re not there and more next season (upgrades, sharing scheme, and the exchange scheme)
Some might argue about the perceived cost of doing this but you can do it. And it’s easy to do.

I think the club are even open to moving seats not only on a season by season basis but throughout the season if you can make the case. I’ve done it for health reasons for one of my group.

But using your seat to make a claim on a seat in another stand - it’s really is quite a push to suggest club is taking the piss - in not allowing a temporary one off stand move- a temp transfer to someone else - and then back again.?

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So do you very rarely miss a game or is your seat empty ? On all these threads since the Summer you have been unable to make up your mind about the facts. I really can’t make you out.

Hopefully at start of season I see no reason I will miss a game. Looking back something always seems to crop up sometimes at last minute and have missed max of 3 and min of 1 in a season. I consider that is rarely. Have missed one game this season and seat remained empty and same with several contacts round us. From what I hear the passing of QR codes or phones is becoming common

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hopefully at start of season I see no reason I will miss a game. Looking back something always seems to crop up sometimes at last minute and have missed max of 3 and min of 1 in a season. I consider that is rarely. Have missed one game this season and seat remained empty and same with several contacts round us. From what I hear the passing of QR codes or phones is becoming common

I’m just not sure what motivates you to go over the same ground over and over again. The rules are pretty clear for the remainder of this season and all of next season. If you feel that strongly about it perhaps just don’t renew your season ticket.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I as Ihave said held at least one and for the most part two season tickets every season since the early mid 1970s and in more recent years have used my two tickets to give as gifts to family when I could not attend, never were any of those individuals loaned tickets were cause of any concern, never was any money exchanged for the use of my tickets and always those using the tickets would spend in the club shop and food outlets in fact several were so hooked by the experience that they themselves went on to purchased season tickets.
Loads of fans around me did the same in fact you got to know those who regularly were loaned tickets and they also became friends over the years

This happy situation has continued for decades until this season as such my seat and thousands of others have remained empty.

Yesterday I chose to go along to my local non league team Lancing who went on to beat Three Bridges 4-3.
A shot walk from home It was all games 3pm KO, fixture list pretty much as listed at start of season, £5 to get in was able to get a beer and chips in my seat £6, nice atmosphere home and away fans all mixing and it’s where I will be going from next season for my weekly football.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes I give away and receive tickets for Gigs, Theatre, Test Matches etc and think we should be able to do the same.

Have you lobbied your MP to get the law changed for football tickets in England?

Don’t think you read what I said correctly.

The club said we are allowed to share our ticket, so is that against the law?

Sharing is not against the law if it's with consent of the issuer, and I guess that's on a ticket-by-ticket basis.

Has there been a massive crackdown on the ‘sharing of season tickets’ by the government? Must’ve missed that in Boris’ latest speech. The next war on drugs. Have all other clubs been clamping down this hard?

Barber explained some of the issues the othe night.

Given the increased in trouble at matches, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a clampdown. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/60056492

England matches at Euro 2020 became a shambles due to lax ticket rules/enforcement.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan of the club's system (this season or next) but I can see the reasons behind it.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I as Ihave said held at least one and for the most part two season tickets every season since the early mid 1970s and in more recent years have used my two tickets to give as gifts to family when I could not attend, never were any of those individuals loaned tickets were cause of any concern, never was any money exchanged for the use of my tickets and always those using the tickets would spend in the club shop and food outlets in fact several were so hooked by the experience that they themselves went on to purchased season tickets.
Loads of fans around me did the same in fact you got to know those who regularly were loaned tickets and they also became friends over the years

This happy situation has continued for decades until this season as such my seat and thousands of others have remained empty.

Yesterday I chose to go along to my local non league team Lancing who went on to beat Three Bridges 4-3.
A shot walk from home It was all games 3pm KO, fixture list pretty much as listed at start of season, £5 to get in was able to get a beer and chips in my seat £6, nice atmosphere home and away fans all mixing and it’s where I will be going from next season for my weekly football.

We aren’t renewing either. That’s fine though, STH attrition happens every year. There will always be plenty of replacements and they will be happy with the terms and conditions. I do wonder though whether a lot of people will just renew and keep moaning which seems to me to be the actual worst case scenario.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I’m just not sure what motivates you to go over the same ground over and over again. The rules are pretty clear for the remainder of this season and all of next season. If you feel that strongly about it perhaps just don’t renew your season ticket.

No need to give up ST just because I disagree with just one thing club has done. Although disappointed club have retained need for recipient of ticket to become a member, club have listened and made some changes which would not have happened if club were not aware of opinions of sharing scheme

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here