Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£10m seems very cheap.

He's only got 18 months left - is kind of a peripheral player and if it helps the coffers and means easier to turn away Bissouma bids this window, could be a good move.

If you're his agent then you're saying to the club, hes a Newcastle lad - not long left on his contract. Either offer him a new deal + more money or accept the deal

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If BDB does move to Al Newcastle I will be very sad. He's probably the most under-rated Albion player I can remember.
He continually exceeds expectations every game.

If they get him for anywhere near £10m they will have a bargain. It will be a shame to see him go (if he does).

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
As good as BDB has been, a decent offer for a 29 year old, probably 4th choice CB, with so many younger options coming through makes very good business sense. I'd be stunned if it was as cheap as £10m though, especially to them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's only got 18 months left - is kind of a peripheral player and if it helps the coffers and means easier to turn away Bissouma bids this window, could be a good move.

If you're his agent then you're saying to the club, hes a Newcastle lad - not long left on his contract. Either offer him a new deal + more money or accept the deal
Been one of the best players this season. Will be severely pissed off with 10m

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will be very, very sad if he goes, and even more surprised if it's for £10m.....but if he wants to go 'home' then we won't stand in his way. He's been magnificent at CB since Dunky's been out injured.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Admit he has surprised me with his level of performance in a back 4.
However, Dunk will be straight back in and we have Duffy due back in addition to the youngsters next season.
Length of contract being offered and promise of first team football hard to turn down.
Good luck to him and what a way to leave.
If hd could take Lukaku out if his pocket and drop him off at Chelski on the way up.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

I am sure that is what his agent is saying!

Just seems cheap to me. Has plenty of premier league experience and would be a loss at this stage of the season with injuries and covid about.

We paid £20m for Webster and he had no EPL experience, I would expect £15 - 20M for BDB.

However, I am sure Bloom and Potter will get the deal done that they want.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am sure that is what his agent is saying!

Just seems cheap to me. Has plenty of premier league experience and would be a loss at this stage of the season with injuries and covid about.

We paid £20m for Webster and he had no EPL experience, I would expect £15 - 20M for BDB.

However, I am sure Bloom and Potter will get the deal done that they want.

It's all relative. Dan Burn is 30 soon, Webster was much younger. Webster had a longer term left on his Bristol City contract. Burn has 18 months

£10M seems a touch low, but not sure its much more than £15M really.

Now being reported on TalkSport

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They’ve got a bargain if he goes there for £10m, he’s been fantastic this season.

Hope it’s not true.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not sure I buy the argument that he drops out the side once everyone's fit and available. The way I see it, as long as he keeps playing to the level he has been of late, he's first choice.

£10m doesn't feel like anything close enough to tempt us into a potentially disruptive mid-season sale, but maybe I'm missing something.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If there's any truth in this and the price then I bet we negotiate another lump sum if they stay up?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not sure I buy the argument that he drops out the side once everyone's fit and available. The way I see it, as long as he keeps playing to the level he has been of late, he's first choice.

£10m doesn't feel like anything close enough to tempt us into a potentially disruptive mid-season sale, but maybe I'm missing something.
Agent tells burn he can double wages. Burn tells bloom he's homesick. Deal done !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In the very short term it is not ideal - but we have 3 CBs all 30 years old. 2 of them have 18 months left. We also have a wealth of talent who need a pathway into the first team.

Selling one of these for a decent wedge, player gets a final big pay day when clearly we haven't offered him a new deal that is acceptable and the next young player comes through

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think Dan Burn is the player who changed perception of him the most during his Brighton career since Guy Butters, funnily enough - also a left footed centre back. When we signed him, I had no idea what the point was. But I think he's developed into a wonderful squad player who isn't going to cause any fuss, is going to put in consistent performances and plug multiple gaps. He would be a loss for us, but a solid Premier League signing for Newcastle and exactly what they currently need. Also allows him to play for his club, so it's reasonable all round.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We need left footers in this squad. Guess Roberts won’t be going out on loan.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In the very short term it is not ideal - but we have 3 CBs all 30 years old. 2 of them have 18 months left. We also have a wealth of talent who need a pathway into the first team.

Selling one of these for a decent wedge, player gets a final big pay day when clearly we haven't offered him a new deal that is acceptable and the next young player comes through

Burn out, Rodon in with a side dish of Deli Alli thrown in.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Don’t mind this. Burn has been fantastic, but 10M for a 29 year old with 18 months is a good price. We’ll just promote Duffy to 4th choice CB until the season ends. Next season promote a youngster from within or sign a replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here