Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Newcastle’s transfer strategy is all over the place much like their new manager search was once Bruce left. The owners may be rich but they are showing themselves to be absolutely clueless when it comes to running a football club.

As for Burn, he’s done well recently and is a great pro but he wouldn’t get in our side when everyone is fit so if they offer £20 million I’d take it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They still don't have a CEO or Director of Football. They have a 'consultant' advising and talk that Eddie Howes SON might be joining as head of recruitment. Turns out boasting about being the richest club in the world also means you get absolutely rinsed at the negotiating table

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
With the interest that the Saudi lot are showing in our squad and staff, just makes you wonder why they didn’t bid to take Brighton over instead.
Not that I’d want them

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If BDB wants to go and play for the club he grew up supporting then I wouldn’t object. We’re not exactly weak in the centre of defence and a fee of around £20m would represent very decent profit. Haydon Roberts is probably thinking along the same lines, to be fair.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Newcastle’s transfer strategy is all over the place much like their new manager search was once Bruce left. The owners may be rich but they are showing themselves to be absolutely clueless when it comes to running a football club.

As for Burn, he’s done well recently and is a great pro but he wouldn’t get in our side when everyone is fit so if they offer £20 million I’d take it.

£30m because we know their desperate and daft !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, BDB has become an excellent player and I suspect a lot of that is down to our current coaching team and he'll be aware of that. However, he'll also be aware that, with a fully fit squad, he isn't first choice in any position and, at 29, the opportunity for a big pay day and to play for what some believe is his boyhood club would be to big an opportunity to miss.

If they are serious and come in then we know the club will allow BDB to talk to them and I doubt anyone in the same position would turn them down even knowing there's a strong likelihood of relegation.

Put yourself in his shoes and what would you say if it was TB inviting you to join BHA? If he goes, good luck to him (but not Newcastle). Relegation would probably do him a favour as he would remain in the team for next and could enjoy a promotion year.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Obviously he could go with our blessings. His given his all for our club and no one should begrudge him the move if that's what he wanted. However, I think he would be a great loss to our side and not sure he would be dropped if everyone's fit. He has shown an attacking threat at set pieces and his driving runs down the left and he had been superb at shackling some of the best forwards in football. I think he will be a massive loss.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They still don't have a CEO or Director of Football. They have a 'consultant' advising and talk that Eddie Howes SON might be joining as head of recruitment. Turns out boasting about being the richest club in the world also means you get absolutely rinsed at the negotiating table

His nephew I think, who has been working with recruitment in Bournemouth. His oldest son is 11.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't think Tony is selling in this window unless he absolutely has to.

Selling to a direct rival, (which Newcastle will be for the foreseeable future), he will want to even less

If BDB is pleading with him for the move and Newcastle are going to throw silly money, (say £25m), it's possible. however, I don't think either of these things will happen. The Toon will move onto one of their 145 other targets

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
BDB for Callum Wilson and £5 seems a fair price

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently - now in 'advanced talks' over £10M move for Dan Burn

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Apparently - now in 'advanced talks' over £10M move for Dan Burn

I saw that. This makes sense for all parties as he's from Newcastle originally. Though surprised with his current run of form we're not asking for more than £10m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here