Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is perhaps the most likely one although no particularly good sources for the rumour.

Brighton wouldnt demand insane - good but not out of this world - money for him and he is a Newcastle fan. BDB is my favorite player along with Maupay, but it would be a pretty sweet story if he ends up leading them into their new (unfortunately hideous) era of being a big club.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You go to bed supporting a football team (BHA) you wake up and the whole squad has been sold. As well as their first team, Newcastle need to be allowed to field a Newcastle B and C team in the Football league in order for all their transfers to get some game time. Will surely happen before too long. Blood money talks unfortunately.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I thought the BDB to Saudi FC rumour was sooo “earlier this week” before the Webster rumour emerged?
Nothing to see here. They’ll be moving onto craving after another member of our squad by tomorrow

But are they? Are they openly craving members of our squad or it just so much shit reporting, gossip and hearsay?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it’s all quite amusing….they’re getting more and more desperate as the end of the window approaches and almost anyone playing well in the PL is fair game for another bit of clickbait. Would be very surprised if we sell one of our key players this window now, let alone more than one - and if we do sell one to Toon in particular, the money will be absolutely ridiculous. No-lose situation for us

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This whole Newcastle thing feels quite desperate but of all the rumours this makes the most sense-

Local lad. Great leadership and personality. Decent price (though way, way more than any of us would’ve valued him at even 6 months ago). The sort of age where he might be looking at a final big move etc etc.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Only as a stop gap though, if their January signings keep them up I imagine virtually none of their squad will be any more than benchwarmers next season as they hoover up the best players in the world.

If they don’t stay up there will be some disappointed PL players in the Championship next season

Which also makes them less appealing to players.

Newcastle are a mess right now. If I were in charge I actually wouldn't be concerned about relegation this year. I think they would boss the championship next year and it would give them the feel good factor of winning games and a trophy, allowing them more time to prepare the ground for the bigger signings.

I find it utterly hilarious the way they are flailing around at the moment chucking money all over the shop and no-one is picking it up off the ground

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He seems like too good of a person to go there. A footballer's footballer. Rubbing shoulders with mercenaries...? I don't see it, but stranger things have happened. He's got it good right now, playing his best football and I think a lot of that he owes to Potter. The wages would be good but, like with AEA and Poyet, BDB's playing his best football under this manager.

We are the envy of the league and have arguably 4 potential England defenders in our back line (TL, LD, AW, BDB). Put March in at left back and I don't think that back 5 would let the national side down (but SM would never get a shout now). Newcastle will be linked with all our players and rightly so.

I'm sure tomorrow it'll be Trossard.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I had a missed call from a 0191 number this morning, I wonder if I should nip up in the loft and find my footy boots just in case.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Which also makes them less appealing to players.

Newcastle are a mess right now. If I were in charge I actually wouldn't be concerned about relegation this year. I think they would boss the championship next year and it would give them the feel good factor of winning games and a trophy, allowing them more time to prepare the ground for the bigger signings.

I find it utterly hilarious the way they are flailing around at the moment chucking money all over the shop and no-one is picking it up off the ground

It is a very quiet Jan window for everyone else so they're filling a void for the journalists. They've already done 2 decent bits of business. They don't need a miracle, they just need to be 1+ gd better than 3 other teams.

The other thing that is probably happening, is player's own agents are fanning the rumours for their own negotiations with parent clubs. Absolutely no idea if DB, Webster, Biss would have any interest joining them, but I bet they're interested in what their salary offer might be.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I rate BDB, and would see him as a loss, BUT if we get a silly high offer IMO I think we'd take it.

With Dunk and Duffy still to come back in were well covered there.

Take £25m and less pressure to sell Biss and more money to extend contracts of others (Biss himself plus Trossard and others etc.) maybe?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
By the end of the transfer window we'll have all been linked with a move to Newcastle.

I saw something a few days or so ago saying that over 60 players had been linked to Newcastle in the BBC's gossip column this month. By the end of January it'll probably be over 100 players, of which they might sign 5 or 6?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He seems like too good of a person to go there. A footballer's footballer. Rubbing shoulders with mercenaries...? I don't see it, but stranger things have happened. He's got it good right now, playing his best football and I think a lot of that he owes to Potter. The wages would be good but, like with AEA and Poyet, BDB's playing his best football under this manager.

We are the envy of the league and have arguably 4 potential England defenders in our back line (TL, LD, AW, BDB). Put March in at left back and I don't think that back 5 would let the national side down (but SM would never get a shout now). Newcastle will be linked with all our players and rightly so.

I'm sure tomorrow it'll be Trossard.

All footballers are mercenaries. He’s not exactly a local Brighton lad made good, is he. Not a criticism by the way, but let’s not go all dewy eyed about these millionaires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here