Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much would the entire Albion squad cost?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Someone jokingly posted yesterday that Newcastle should just buy the entire first team squad.

Newcastle have unlimited funds so let's imagine that they did, or at least the 14 that played at Leicester plus Dunk and Biss. And let's say that they wanted Ashworth, Potter and the entire coaching staff. How much would tempt Tony Bloom? It would certainly be at least treble their value but he's fond of saying that everyone has their price.

So, what would they pay? Four billion? Five? Ten?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
My rough figures....
£425M 14 best players
£50M Potter + others
£250M Project Albion Compensation
£725M Total
I think TB would need to be offered in excess of £1Billion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For each key player sold the next is likely to be more expensive as the need for quality increases and the need for money decreases. It would be... expensive.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We'd still be buying 18 year olds and sending them to USG

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My rough figures....
£425M 14 best players
£50M Potter + others
£725M Total

Cost of the stadia, Academy, brand?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My rough figures....
£425M 14 best players
£50M Potter + others
£725M Total

It would be way, way more than that. We'd have to replace an entire squad and pay premium prices, find a new manager and compensate for possible relegation (unlikely this season ... but next?). On top of that Tony would want substantial recompense. My guess would be at least £5 billion but probably much more. If it went to 20, I think Tony may find it hard to resist

I'm not suggesting that this is remotely possible ... but just as a theoretical exercise. What is more interesting is that many clubs in the PL would be cheaper than the Albion as they're run by business people would jump at a return on their investment. Albion are run by a fan who'd be unlikely to just look for a quick buck

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My rough figures....
£425M 14 best players
£50M Potter + others
£725M Total

Given the club is only valued at less than £300m (I'm sure I heard that on one of [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] podcasts,these numbers can't be correct, surely?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
images

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Given the club is only valued at less than £300m (I'm sure I heard that on one of [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] podcasts,these numbers can't be correct, surely?

If you applied some cost to the "saleable players"

Biss £45m
Trossard £50m
Lamptey £50m
BDB £30m
Webster £50m
Dunk £35m
Sanchez £30m
Maupay £30m
Moder £25m
Cucurella £35m

The balance of players £100m minimum, probably far more?

That's £480m, let's add £50m academy, plus minimum £40m academy players, and £150m the stadium, we're at £720m.

Then you have the EPL status, the TV contract, the brand and the opportunity to buy the club, I'd say £1.3bn minimum ..... only proviso, I haven't a clue on values, what can be purchased and I made those numbers up

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You simply wouldn’t entertain anything less than a world record fee (in his position) for Lamptey. If he continues progressing he is potential the best right wingback in the world.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Biss £45m
Trossard £50m
Lamptey £50m
BDB £30m
Webster £50m
Dunk £35m
Sanchez £30m
Maupay £30m
Moder £25m
Cucurella £35m

That's £480m, let's add £50m academy, plus minimum £40m academy players, and £150m the stadium, we're at £720m.

Then you have the EPL status, the TV contract, the brand and the opportunity to buy the club, I'd say £1.3bn minimum ..... only proviso, I haven't a clue on values, what can be purchased and I made those numbers up

Even made up (we’re all guessing as it’s theoretical anyway) I doubt you’d be too far out overall if Tony was to sell up……also interesting to understand how much Potter and team’s coaching has added to the bottom line value of the playing staff.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Biss £45m
Trossard £50m
Lamptey £50m
BDB £30m
Webster £50m
Dunk £35m
Sanchez £30m
Maupay £30m
Moder £25m
Cucurella £35m

Are they going to stick it on the back of a flat bed lorry and haul it up north, or will the horse punchers be commuting down for games every other week? ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Biss £45m
Trossard £50m
Lamptey £50m
BDB £30m
Webster £50m
Dunk £35m
Sanchez £30m
Maupay £30m
Moder £25m
Cucurella £35m

I'm not talking about buying the club, I'm talking about the players plus managerial coaching/staff.

I think Tony would laugh at a bid of £1.5 bn and tell them to come back with a serious offer. He'd have to replace an entire team. Who in the PL is as good as Biss and what would they cost? It would be more than £45m. Particularly when teams realise we're desperate.

There's an interview in the Mirror with Jim Ratcliffe talking about putting a bid to buy Man U and he's reckoning about £4 to 5 billion for them. As I said earlier, Tony would want more as it's not a business venture for him but a labour of love.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
It would be way, way more than that. We'd have to replace an entire squad and pay premium prices, find a new manager and compensate for possible relegation (unlikely this season ... but next?). On top of that Tony would want substantial recompense. My guess would be at least £5 billion but probably much more. If it went to 20, I think Tony may find it hard to resist

I'm not suggesting that this is remotely possible ... but just as a theoretical exercise. What is more interesting is that many clubs in the PL would be cheaper than the Albion as they're run by business people would jump at a return on their investment. Albion are run by a fan who'd be unlikely to just look for a quick buck

If TB is ultimately looking for the Albion to operate long term without his annual £30M subsidy, then he’d sell our best 14 players and staff for £2Billion, as this would be well over £1000,000,000 the actual value of those assets. Interest alone on this sum would be at least £50M / season indefinitely. We would still have £1Billion to to replace players and staff. Project Albion would be knocked back a couple of years but the long term future would be secure.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are they going to stick it on the back of a flat bed lorry and haul it up north, or will the horse punchers be commuting down for games every other week? ???

It'll be franchised, and we'll all need to start drinking Newkie Brown and talking like Ant & Dec (early years, not now as they're too posh)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here