Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Football Scran

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm loving the Football Scran Twitter feed, showcasing the best and worst of football grub.

[tweet]1485691766716211200[/tweet]

As well as the downright deviancy of some American sportsball fayre.

[tweet]1479843139263377415[/tweet]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Charlton food looks great for a cold night watching your team.

When we went to the US, my teenage daughter couldn't eat the fruit loops as they were too sweet. This is from a girl who loves coco pops, honey nut loops and all the usual UK based sugary crap. On a hot dog with bacon? :sick:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Burton Albion

d7f31826885872f9826aa704b222368b.jpg

:drool:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm loving the Football Scran Twitter feed, showcasing the best and worst of football grub.

[tweet]1485691766716211200[/tweet]

Personally I wouldn't mix a Balti pie with gravy. Possibly not with the Chorizo one either. Gravy only with trad pies Steak, Chicken, Minced Beef.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Best I’ve had was cottage pie at Aggborough (Kidderminster Harriers) the worst was the muck they put out at Forest Green.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I went to a game at Ajax just before lockdown. They do these wonderful croquette things - I definitely had seconds, if not thirds!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Best food I've had at a ground was Pie and Mushy Peas with Gravy and a pint of Staropramen for £4.20 at Penistone Church FC, I still think about it everyday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best I’ve had was cottage pie at Aggborough (Kidderminster Harriers) the worst was the muck they put out at Forest Green.

Agreed. Was there for the game when Zamora got the winner. I think it was served by a proper CHEF. It was very good.

Isn't Forest Green renowned for its food?

They are renowned for their vegan food so I suspect anyone without a palate has indeed recommended it :p

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

100%, mine too, they were yum, had two in the foil trays!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
The Piglets Pantry pies at the Amex are the fullest and tastiest pies I can remember BUT at £4.60 and with varying degrees of served temperature well,fook me!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Isn't Forest Green renowned for its food?

Agreed. Was there for the game when Zamora got the winner. I think it was served by a proper CHEF. It was very good.

They are renowned for their vegan food so I suspect anyone without a palate has indeed recommended it :p
We didn’t get to see their full range due to it being a Papa John’s Trophy match, in fact it was basically chips in vegan gravy with vegan Diet Coke (Christ!) to drink. There may have also been some vegan sausage rolls knocking about. Chips inedible, Coke awful.

Perhaps a league match would be a better time to give a review but it was pretty disappointing given that we were looking forward to trying something a bit different.

That said it was a good evening out, nice to be on a terrace again and their stewards were friendly.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We didn’t get to see their full range due to it being a Papa John’s Trophy match, in fact it was basically chips in vegan gravy with vegan Diet Coke (Christ!) to drink. There may have also been some vegan sausage rolls knocking about. Chips inedible, Coke awful.

Perhaps a league match would be a better time to give a review but it was pretty disappointing given that we were looking forward to trying something a bit different.

That said it was a good evening out, nice to be on a terrace again and their stewards were friendly.

That does sound pretty awful. The pictures on their website suggest they do offer something better, ordinarily. https://www.fgr.co.uk/vegan-food Unless those photos are a little misleading.

Not sure what the deal with coke they served you was. According to the internet, normal diet coke is vegan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's one of my current favourite things on twitter. Not just the posts themselves but the comments on them are pure gold. Well worth scrolling the comments. Funny to see Northerners objecting to anything that costs more than a fiver and Southerners taking the piss out of them for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here