Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Three of our players on TV tonight with Blackburn v Middlesbrough

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Medical emergency in crowd. Responders in really quickly. Game suspended. Great response from Blackburn stewards

Is it me, or is this type of occurrence happening more and more these days ? Used to be once in a blue moon, now its happening quite regularly.

Odd.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it me, or is this type of occurrence happening more and more these days ? Used to be once in a blue moon, now its happening quite regularly.

Odd.

Definitely.

Wonder if it happens more frequently or if they simply didnt use to stop play because of it in the past

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Odd.
We were just saying that. My son reckons it's due to heart problems post COVID. May be an element of truth in that?

Definitely.

Wonder if it happens more frequently or if they simply didnt use to stop play because of it in the past

It would have been apparent though, loads of medics flying about. Didn't used to be a thing.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Odd.

I was just thinking the same thing, but, I think it's a consequence of more awareness from refs to stop game perhaps following the Christian Eriksen incident last summer?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Odd.

I think this is three this season (Newcastle, Spurs and tonight). Perhaps people are just more aware. When I was commuting regularly I used to get delayed very regularly by a "person being taken ill" on a train to the point that I thought the SASTA Random Excuse Generator had got stuck.

But in all seriousness, the safety and the well being of people is far more important than the immediate continuation of a game, so erring on the side of caution is probably a welcome development, no?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Odd.

Definitely seems to have increased since the Eriksen incident in the Euros. Maybe they were happening, but the game never stopped :shrug:

10 mins of extra time probs

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fantastic and the crowd applauded that straight away.

Indeed

Everything still very raw with me currently having just lost my wife and having done CPR for 30 minutes.

I sit at home with my daughter watching tv and it's a constant stream of "plan your funeral" "death insurance" "covid" and now it appears every live football game something happens.

I truly hope all is ok.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It would have been apparent though, loads of medics flying about. Didn't used to be a thing.

I dont know. I've seen it happen four times this season after never seeing it before and while it could be more frequent now I just struggle to believe that in the literally thousands of games I've watched there's never been a medical emergency.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I dont know. I've seen it happen four times this season after never seeing it before and while it could be more frequent now I just struggle to believe that in the literally thousands of games I've watched there's never been a medical emergency.

Me too. And been in person to probably a thousand games. I can't recall ever seeing it. Maybe once but I think they maybe carried the person out from the stadium and into the concourse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed

Everything still very raw with me currently having just lost my wife and having done CPR for 30 minutes.

I sit at home with my daughter watching tv and it's a constant stream of "plan your funeral" "death insurance" "covid" and now it appears every live football game something happens.

I truly hope all is ok.

I genuinely thought about you guys over the weekend. All the best.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here