Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three weeks until next Premier League match

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm probably a bit slow, but I've just realised it's basically three weeks until our next EPL fixture. Assuming the Spurs or Man Utd games aren't rearranged short term.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Man Utd may well be Feb 15th, ie in the midweek immediately following Watford, which is that next league game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bemusing the league hasn’t put in fixtures given how far behind some teams are

I’m assuming it’s due to the Asian/African/South American WC fixtures.

But there was surely a way to assess teams and put a couple of fixtures in?

How many players would Burnley lose ?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
whilst it would seem to make sense to fill the break with some of the postponed fixtures, it will give a Covid Break and hopefully reduce the need for future postponements. It also gives a bit of time for our injured players to get some more recovery time

The thing is of course, it also disrupts a good run of form for us and also gives those teams on poor runs time to rebuild a bit of confidence.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would hope that with us on 30 points going into the break Potter will put out a full-strength team vs Spurs in the Cup.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Don't forget North American too.

#TeamCanada

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Well the PL have said they must protect the winter break for players (probably to keep Tuchel happy) but then by not using this window to ease congestion burn out the players later in the season

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
it will give a Covid Break and hopefully reduce the need for future postponements.

Apart from putting time between what I hope is the worst of the winter covid surge, I highly doubt it will affect how many players catch covid. If anything, they will mix with a greater number of people now that they presumably have a little time on their hands.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The Premier League have been reluctant to put games in as they wanted it to be the winter break. It's normally split over two weekends so you do get 5 games each weekend but it doesn't seem as though they've been able to schedule that this season. I think its due to the fact that some World Cup qualification games have been delayed because of Covid so they've had to squeeze an extra international break into the season. They should have banned playing friendlies abroad like they did previously though, warm weather training camps are fine but **** Newcastle's good will trip to their paymasters.

I'm quite glad they've not tried to reschedule any games, we'd have be without Bissouma, Mac Allister, Alzate and Cacideo if we'd had the Man Utd or Spurs played in the next fortnight. Tough luck on Burnley and others if they have fixture congestion later in the season, maybe they should have played a few games with the kids on the bench rather than crying off.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Don't forget North American too.

#TeamCanada

And the USMNT will need Pulisic from Chelsea, Josh Sargent from Norwich and Zack Steffen #2 goalkeeper at Citeh.

I'm told Josh Sargent might decide to come back to the US if his home town entry in MLS, St Louis City SC, which starts play in 2023, decides to pay him enough. He is a real local hero in St Louis same as Tim Ream, defender with Fulham. I think they are from the same high school, St Dominic, in St Charles County, Missouri a suburb of St Louis. Some of you might remember it was St Louis that provided many of the players on the 1950 USA team that happen to beat a certain country from Europe in the Brazil World Cup made famous in a film called The Game of Their Lives.

My mother actually worked in the same US Postal Service building in downtown St Louis over the Christmas holiday one year as Harry Keough, a member of that 1950 US team. I was born in St Louis but don't remember much about living there since we moved to Indiana when I was 9 years old.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember the good old days when we could schedule a league game on the day of the FA cup 4th round...

... & 3rd round.

Oh, hang on a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here