Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Drone stops play at Brentford

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Helicopters have been called in to help sort the problem.

Another reason for Burnley to try get a game called off?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Nothing to do with player or crowd safety.

Premier League just protecting their ‘product’. Broadcasters wouldn’t be happy if footage was streamed on the internet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Premier League just protecting their ‘product’. Broadcasters wouldn’t be happy if footage was streamed on the internet.

I doubt that. Every game is streamed live on the internet anyway.

The ref took the players off because it was proving to be a distraction as it kept swooping down. Potential hazard as well.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

It already is streamed on the internet. A shaky birds eye view drone recording of the match would be pretty rubbish!
This cannot be the reason, more likely it is safety, if it was flown Kamikaze-style at a player/ref/crowd it could do some damage and would not be a good look.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
so, 14 minutes of 'injury time' in the first half.
Why doesn't the clock get stopped when the ref takes the players off the pitch?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Well, that is one way Burnley can stop the oppo from scoring. But I don't think the high flying drone will keep the Clarets from going down by relegation.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Helicopters have been called in to help sort the problem.

Another reason for Burnley to try get a game called off?

Bit late now, but I would have definitely pulled up a chair and opened a tube of Pringles to see how helicopters could have sorted this out.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Bit late now, but I would have definitely pulled up a chair and opened a tube of Pringles to see how helicopters could have sorted this out.
Couple of of these guys and suddenly no drone problem...
fee33b50620c9f0d8704e05cbf768b51.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
aa-gun.jpg

Every ground needs at least one of these on each corner.

Barber in.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The opposite is probably more true, pretty sure that they would not risk a manned helicopter striking a drone for obvious reasons.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This used to be a big problem at US sports but they’ve invested heavily in drone detection technology which has done a good job.

As always U.K. sports lag behind because they spend all their money on players and very little on anything else

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Quite easy, with infra-red they can track the drone and relay to ground plod where it has landed.
Landing area will be crawling with plod who will impound offending drone.
Forensics will trace the serial number of the drone to the purchaser and match finger-prints on the drone with same, who will soon after get a knock at their door and their collar felt.

Oh, no? Did you think they were going to shoot it down or try and collide with it in mid-air or something - now that would be very dangerous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here