Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Ramble discussion on Albion v Chelsea

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
"You're not booing now, are you you mugs"! :)

It's such a pity that after a very frustrating game a tiny minority of Albion spectators got captured on the microphones having a bit of a boo to express their frustrations. As has been said in several threads, it was surely just the moment and not anything greater about the club, players, or manager that they were frustrated by.

While oftentimes the better side of our support and atmosphere fail to get captured on microphone, this small event was. And because the interviewer after the game made something of it with Potter it became more generally picked up. And now the media continue to bring it up time after time. Such a pity..

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
It's such a pity that after a very frustrating game a tiny minority of Albion spectators got captured on the microphones having a bit of a boo to express their frustrations. As has been said in several threads, it was surely just the moment and not anything greater about the club, players, or manager that they were frustrated by.

While oftentimes the better side of our support and atmosphere fail to get captured on microphone, this small event was. And because the interviewer after the game made something of it with Potter it became more generally picked up. And now the media continue to bring it up time after time. Such a pity..

You were one of them, weren't you :jester:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"You're not booing now, are you you mugs"! :)

For those who aren't going to listen, probably worth pointing out that this was a joke - specifically, a co-host suggesting that Potter shouted it to each stand after the Chelsea draw.

Dec 29, 2011

Pundits will never understand the nuances of each club. Can they be expected to? Another host on the same show is a Brighton fan, I'd expect her to be able to explain the situation better than any.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
haven't listened to the ramble for years, is it any good?

kinda gave up when they ditched the dean windass hall of fame

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
haven't listened to the ramble for years, is it any good?

kinda gave up when they ditched the dean windass hall of fame

Can be but can also be irritating .. er .. rambling. I found too much of the latter and stopped listening regularly. Much prefer James Richardson's The Totally Football Show.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
On Talksport at around 5am this morning they were talking about Chelsea and Tuchel complaining about their players being tired. One of the pundits said "Brighton were missing almost a whole first team, including their captain. Chelsea have the 2nd best squad in the league after Man City..." I know quite a few pundits have dismissed Tuchel's complaining but really nice to hear it also put in the context of Brighton like this as part of rubbishing it.

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
Got to say I switched off when they brought in the new presenters. The charm of the ramble was just four mates chatting about football and general nonsense. That's now been replaced with what feels like just another football podcast. I barely listen there days but whenever I do,L I'm left feeling very disappointed and unsatisfied. RIP to the ramble.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It was difficult for the ramble, they couldn’t keep tuning out podcasts for nothing. Had to make it daily to try and rival some of the big shows which meant they had to bring in more people. I like Jules but she’s no Marcus and Kate is hard to listen to but then I always found Pete a bit hard work when there was just the four.

Haven’t missed one for years though, can still be the funniest one around as well. Luke and Marcus are brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here