Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Excellent news.
Hope it was excruciatingly painful

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I would imagine this will one of those cases where he will cremated on a government facility, as what happened with Ian Brady and the Manchester Bomber. No funeral director be they privately owned or a PLC will take the funeral on.

Bishop was one of those cases which really strengthened the argument for the return of the Death Penalty in certain circumstances , I’ve always been against it because of Police corruption/ineptitude, we would have hung The Birmingham Six, The Guildford Four, The Bridgewater Three and numerous others before retrospectively saying there had been a mistake. But with the exception of Jesus Christ you can’t resurrect individuals.

Yoda

English & European
windsor-davies-oh-dear.gif

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bowel cancer that spread to his brain apparently, didn't have far to travel then. Hope he suffered.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m really pleased that he spent all those years rotting in prison having to face the terror of what he did every day along with the realisation that he’d never be a free man. How depressing. This is much better than him being put out of his misery like you might do to a pet you love to prevent it from being in pain.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m really pleased that he spent all those years rotting in prison having to face the terror of what he did every day along with the realisation that he’d never be a free man. How depressing. This is much better than him being put out of his misery like you might do to a pet you love to prevent it from being in pain.

Totally agree.

Far worse to be a nonce in high security, knowing you’ll never get out, hated by everyone inside and out, always looking over your shoulder. Execution is a short time of terror, and then nothing.

Keep them alive as long as possible.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Fair point Hugo, but on the flip side had we hung him, and the likes of Huntley etc the public money spent on keeping them could have gone on better causes?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I’m really pleased that he spent all those years rotting in prison having to face the terror of what he did every day

Trouble is a warped mind, has no normal consciousness or guilt.....
You should not be surprised that these kind of people, feel they have been unjustly incarcerated and walk about as though nothing untoward has happened.

I am for the death penalty in his case, waste of tax payers money keeping him alive.
The only saving grace is hopefully he was denied any drugs whilst suffering from brain cancer, but that would be unethical and I would guess he was as high as a kite most of the time and felt no pain, unjustly might I add.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Fair point Hugo, but on the flip side had we hung him, and the likes of Huntley etc the public money spent on keeping them could have gone on better causes?

Hasn’t it been shown in the States that it is more expensive to execute a criminal than imprison them for life.

I don’t know if it is still the case , but once appeals etc are factored in, it’s just cheaper to lock them up and throw away the key. I don’t think it’s a deterrent either, how many criminals go out and commit any crime thinking “ I’m going to get caught for certain “?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent news.
Hope it was excruciatingly painful
Cancer apparantly, so hopefully it was really painful.

Somehow it doesn't feel right, the news of his death sharing space on this website alongside the sad announcements of all the wonderful people we have lost over the years. Perhaps we should have a separate sub forum - like the Coronavirus sub forum, or the Bear Pit - for announcements like this.

If a name is required for it, my nomination would be The Cess Pit.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Trouble is a warped mind, has no normal consciousness or guilt.....
You should not be surprised that these kind of people, feel they have been unjustly incarcerated and walk about as though nothing untoward has happened.

I am for the death penalty in his case, waste of tax payers money keeping him alive.
The only saving grace is hopefully he was denied any drugs whilst suffering from brain cancer, but that would be unethical and I would guess he was as high as a kite most of the time and felt no pain, unjustly might I add.

He was said to be "devastated" by the original diagnosis in October so he probably suffered a few months of self pitying torment.

Not sure what he originally thought he had to look forward to before the diagnosis to cause his devastation at the diagnosis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here