Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Name that player

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There was a thread on this so I apologise for starting a new one. First correct answer gets to set the next task.

who.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Who is this

Attachments

• 076F84C8-1AEE-4661-9CF2-074FE23C2ADC.jpeg
    076F84C8-1AEE-4661-9CF2-074FE23C2ADC.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 132

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Steve Melton.

I saw him play for us away at hull, on the famous evening when my old pal DM had a field day with some of their followers :laugh:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Thankfully H I checked I was wrong before submitting my guess - Barry Bridges. I had to check because I’m not sure I’m ready to set another question. This was the era when I really started to watch a lot of home games and I knew he’d played for Birmingham and England at some level

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Thankfully H I checked I was wrong before submitting my guess - Barry Bridges. I had to check because I’m not sure I’m ready to set another question. This was the era when I really started to watch a lot of home games and I knew he’d played for Birmingham and England at some level

My first thought was Barry Bridges, but that's right about Birmingham, and he was a full England international. He also played for Millwall, and I think we bought him from them. This is all from memory. I haven't checked anything. Bridges was an exciting signing, and he was OK and had a lot of skill, but all was quite underwhelming. I was going to say Bert Murray, but Mexican Seagull beat me to it though I don't remember Murray playing for Peterborough. For us, the time and goals tally fits Murray better than Bridges.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
My first thought was Barry Bridges, but that's right about Birmingham, and he was a full England international. He also played for Millwall, and I think we bought him from them. This is all from memory. I haven't checked anything. Bridges was an exciting signing, and he was OK and had a lot of skill, but all was quite underwhelming. I was going to say Bert Murray, but Mexican Seagull beat me to it though I don't remember Murray playing for Peterborough. For us, the time and goals tally fits Murray better than Bridges.

Oh I’m sure you’re right Rj- just showing my lack of ability in remembering detail really. We had several strikers beginning with B around that time - Fred Binney, Ken Beamish etc - that’s my level of detail I’m afraid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here