Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loans

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Just spotted this on Facebook:

[emoji599] ππ‘π„π€πŠπˆππ†: FIFA have announced new restrictions on the loan market that will come into play in 2024. Clubs will only be able to loan in a maximum of 6 players at a time and loan out 6 players at one time.

(Source: tw/GFFN)

Not sure on implications of our policy of buying talented youngsters and developing at other clubs, until ready for first team action or sold on.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
might cause issue for smaller clubs, as they do rely on loans. I agree in principle as it stops hoarding, but this just hurts smaller clubs.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well, if it happens (and there will be a lot of powerful clubs not liking this) then we may find the USG workaround might be scaled up

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting if it goes through. I can see the "max 6 loans in" thing happening but it will be more quarrel about only being able to loan out 6 players.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I would imagine the quality of reserve team football is going to improve! The big clubs will find a way to avoid it. Like it or not that is us now.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
U21 and Home grown players both exempt however, which is an important point with regards to us

Yes.

UEFA defines homegrown players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21

We just need to get them young. [Prince Andrew, 2014]

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only if we sign them on their 18th birthday - Under FIFA’s rules, the UK’s exit from the EU will also mean that clubs will not be able to sign players from overseas until they are 18.

Brexit-Catch-18

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only if we sign them on their 18th birthday - Under FIFA’s rules, the UK’s exit from the EU will also mean that clubs will not be able to sign players from overseas until they are 18.

Can USG sign under 18s though? Just a thought.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just spotted this on Facebook:

[emoji599] ππ‘π„π€πŠπˆππ†: FIFA have announced new restrictions on the loan market that will come into play in 2024. Clubs will only be able to loan in a maximum of 6 players at a time and loan out 6 players at one time.

(Source: tw/GFFN)

Not sure on implications of our policy of buying talented youngsters and developing at other clubs, until ready for first team action or sold on.

Without the rest of the detail for context, this is just a bit of meaningless Facebook clickbait.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This rule change is not going to help us, and I'm not surprised to see us, Norwich and Watford being 3 of the top 5 clubs with players out on loan.

It is a terrific hedge against relegation. As I said on an unrelated thread a few weeks ago, if you get relegated and have to sell a number of your best players then to bring back your loan players means you have a new team at minimal cost.

Coming into the window we could have recalled the following side: Walton, Karbownik, Cochrane, Van Hecke, Clarke, Ostigard, Molumby, Caicedo, Zeqiri, Khadra, Mitoma. IMHO that is already a battle-hardened Championship-quality play-off side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here