Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ply lining a van

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I assume for work? I bought a Vivaro a few years ago and ply lined it with a kit that had all kinds of little storage boxes as part of the kit that were prefixed to the liner. I bought it as a kit and fitted it to the van, it was bought specifically for my year/model and they clarified it all before they sent it to me and it works a treat. Obviously on the sides there isnt much you can hit with a screw as its bascially just sheets of metal with no wires etc.. I just made sure i got the screws into the metal struts along the sides which was pretty easy from recall.

Didnt line the floor, just kept it the metal so no chance of hitting anything there.

Found the storage essential in my sort of work, have lots of different small things i need to have at hand and it makes it dead easy to find a certain item, size, colour etc.. Different scews have different boxes, various clips, silicones, glues, tools, drill bits etc.. all have their own little 'home' where i can lay me grubby 'ands on em.....
Window and door fitter?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nope, lol. But outside work. Don't want to say as don't want to get wrist slapped for promoting. :p

Very thoughtful of you. But, you’ve been asked, so if you’d like to say what you do, feel free. Stop short of providing a URL/ phone number/ company name, of course; but there’s no harm in saying “I’m a XXXXX’. That way, if a member needs a XXXXX they may remember you and drop you a PM.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Has anyone ever ‘ply lined’ a vehicle from a kit..how straightforward is it…I have this paranoia about screwing into something important
Alternatively any recommendations locally for a fitting service

TIA

Ps is it really a five minute job?

If this is the look you're after and you want to use ply I would definitely recommend marine ply.

And no, it looks more than a five minute job, but obviously depends on the quality of the finish you're hoping for...

20220121_082217.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
https://vanify.co.uk/
Got my van racking from here, was pretty simple to put together, just glue and screw!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Very thoughtful of you. But, you’ve been asked, so if you’d like to say what you do, feel free. Stop short of providing a URL/ phone number/ company name, of course; but there’s no harm in saying “I’m a XXXXX’. That way, if a member needs a XXXXX they may remember you and drop you a PM.

Ah OK. Gutter, Fascia and Soffi cleaning, repairs and installations plus a bit of roof repairs. :thumbsup:

Have done a few jobs for fellas on here based on a thread I commented a while ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here