Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fans Day Utd

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This is a tricky one. Mel Morris broke the rules and the Derby fans went on a ride. Feel very sorry for Whickham Wanderers who would have stayed in the Chammpionship last year if Deby had filed their accoubts one day earleir and on time in accordance with the FPL rules.

Will only sign the petition if Derby fans come out publicly against Mels Morris and show somne humiliation and understanding of the damage their Club has done gainst the football community. What do you say OP?

I won't speak for the OP but your understanding is incorrect, this goes back earlier than you think. Boro's claim is that we should compensate them for 2018/2019, Wycombe for 20/21. FWIW we didn't have any financial advantage in the latter season!!

Just to say, I'm not prepared to show any humiliation, I don't do that sort of thing online.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Signed, mainly because my Mother-In-Law is a big Derby fan and was Miss Baseball Ground in the late 60s / early 70s!

Signed. Although :needpics:

My ex boss was Derby. His main observation from his first visit to the Amex was the sale of a glass of Rose wine on offer in the away stand :)

Good luck.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Signed, mainly because my Mother-In-Law is a big Derby fan and was Miss Baseball Ground in the late 60s / early 70s!

Signed. Although :needpics:

???
5DF4FE9F-276D-403D-BB33-3115A7FCA50D.jpeg

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/ne...kCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Done. Who wouldn’t? Recall Fans Utd day like it was yday, not 25 years ago!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I won't speak for the OP but your understanding is incorrect, this goes back earlier than you think. Boro's claim is that we should compensate them for 2018/2019, Wycombe for 20/21. FWIW we didn't have any financial advantage in the latter season!!

Just to say, I'm not prepared to show any humiliation, I don't do that sort of thing online.

Ok, I’m a bit lost. You seem to be answering something different to what was being asked. It may just be my lack of understanding but you appear a little ambiguous. Isn’t the issue that you should have been docked points in 2020/21 and therefore been relegated instead of Wycombe ? Instead that extra point deduction has come this season. That’s a big advantage for Derby in 2021/22. I’m not signing anything until it’s a bit clearer because Wycombe supporters deserve as much respect as those of Derby.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Ok, I’m a bit lost. You seem to be answering something different to what was being asked. It may just be my lack of understanding but you appear a little ambiguous. Isn’t the issue that you should have been docked points in 2020/21 and therefore been relegated instead of Wycombe ? Instead that extra point deduction has come this season. That’s a big advantage for Derby in 2021/22. I’m not signing anything until it’s a bit clearer because Wycombe supporters deserve as much respect as those of Derby.

To be honest, I've allowed myself to go off at a tangent - The petition is regarding the status of Middlesborough and Wycombe's claims while Derby remain in administration, those claims are absolutely blocking any takeover and thus exiting admin. Ultimately, this may lead to the club ceasing to exist. That's it in a nutshell.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why Middlesbrough and Wycombe can't wait until after Derby's administration is over to launch any legal action is unclear to me.

Surely they don't want to be forever known as the clubs which caused the liquidation of DCFC ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The guy to the left seems to have got his hand on the prize! I'll ask the MiL if she has photos but I can't help thinking it's going to be a very uncomfortable conversation and an even more inaccurate description of why I might need them!

Is it her in the photo though? There is a name in the link.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To be honest, I've allowed myself to go off at a tangent - The petition is regarding the status of Middlesborough and Wycombe's claims while Derby remain in administration, those claims are absolutely blocking any takeover and thus exiting admin. Ultimately, this may lead to the club ceasing to exist. That's it in a nutshell.

But won’t the club just turn up again as Derby 2022 or something ? As fans it doesn’t affect you. You support Derby not the latest bunch of spivs that turn up making big promises. ‘The Derby way’ and all that bollocks. Seems to me that administration and legal action deter other club owners from behaving in a similar manner to yours ? I am not prejudging. I genuine don’t know the answers.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is it her in the photo though? There is a name in the link.

Alas not, she was brought up in "Breadsall"? and I'll try and find out her maiden name.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
But won’t the club just turn up again as Derby 2022 or something ? As fans it doesn’t affect you. You support Derby not the latest bunch of spivs that turn up making big promises. ‘The Derby way’ and all that bollocks. Seems to me that administration and legal action deter other club owners from behaving in a similar manner to yours ? I am not prejudging. I genuine don’t know the answers.

Of course, there would be a newco, probably starting in the South Derbyshire sunday paper boys U13s or something, ground sharing with Darley Abbey FC. I jest, you are correct to a point, I'd support Derby in whatever, wherever but I think it's fair to say we would be affected.

There does seem to be a perception that Derby haven't been punished which couldn't be further from the truth. Aside from the 21 points and the £100k (yeah I know!), we've been under embargo for for what seems like forever, even today we're losing an 18 year old with 11 appearances to Chelsea for naff all because we've been unable to register him as a pro due to embargo, that follows on from Kaide Gordon to Liverpool last year. It feels like people think the punishment is not enough, the suffering should also be prescribed. It's like sending to someone for prison for 5 years finding out they're not completely broken and destitute so giving them another 5......

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why Middlesbrough and Wycombe can't wait until after Derby's administration is over to launch any legal action is unclear to me.

Surely they don't want to be forever known as the clubs which caused the liquidation of DCFC ?

I understand that both clubs have said they don't want their actions to result in the demise of County, but because it's now a formal legal process they are finding it hard to get stopped.

It's all madness, and yet again the EFL are not holding their hands up, admitting their error in process and protecting the fans. The punish owners who don't care and the innocent bystander fans get crucified.

Petition signed.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
[MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] looks like a new development. So what’s in it for Carlisle Capital ? How do you make money out of a Championship football club ? We can’t expect the EFL to do any background checks (they never seem to bother). Derby fans might need to do their own due diligence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60105675

Difficult to know how to react, we're desperate aren't we! Anyone who can guarantee that we a) Finish the season and b) Don't lose to many more academy players is going to be welcomed. Long term, who knows? I'm clinging to the idea that the only way an investor can make money is when we're back in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here