Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Face Masks and Covid Passes to end in England from next Thursday

Keep Face Masks and Covid Passes or not?

• Yes. Keep the masks and Covid passes. They make me comfortable to live my life normally

Votes: 168 61.1%
  • No. Scrap the masks and Covid passes. They don't make any difference now.

Votes: 107 38.9%

• Total voters

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is this Boris doing what he thinks we are all calling for so going for the populist vote? As another deflection tactic? Love me please? Personally face masks and Covid passes make living with Covid more comfortable. I'll carry on wearing masks regardless and Covid passes are no inconvenience to me. I wish both were continuing, but realise the reality that I'm probably in the minority. What do you think?

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is this Boris doing what he thinks we are all calling for so going for the populist vote? As another deflection tactic? Love me please? Personally face masks and Covid passes make living with Covid more comfortable. I'll carry on wearing masks regardless and Covid passes are no inconvenience to me. I wish both were continuing, but realise the reality that I'm probably in the minority. I'll try and add a poll, but what do you think?

Like you I'll keep mine on thanks.

Let's concentrate on protecting someone else from getting Covid, rather than protecting the careers of politicians.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is this Boris doing what he thinks we are all calling for so going for the populist vote? As another deflection tactic? Love me please? Personally face masks and Covid passes make living with Covid more comfortable. I'll carry on wearing masks regardless and Covid passes are no inconvenience to me. I wish both were continuing, but realise the reality that I'm probably in the minority. What do you think?

I'm with you. Covid passes are a bit of a nuisance for venues and places that have to check them, but they're only a real probem for vax-dodgers (and f*ck 'em, they can have all the misery they can handle!) Don't like the masks much either, but the more people they protect the better (including me, thank you very much!) Sure, we're going to have to get back to (near) 'normal' one day - but can't see the need for the rush. We've all gone through a horrible time, one way or another - a few more weeks - even two or three months - of minor inconveniences wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems unnecessary abrupt to change the rules, could have waited till mid-end of Feb. if it is just a sop to anti restriction voters, they wont remember. if its a sop to anti restriction backbenchers, they wont care if they sense time is up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
almost no wearing of masks in west lower concourse and never had covid pass checked so seems pointless to keep them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Passports are neither here nor there for me, but once again it feels like ditching masks is a mistake. I’ll keep mine on for the time being.

I honestly don’t get people’s problems with them TBH. “Oh no, I’ve been slightly inconvenienced for about 3 seconds before walking into Tesco”.

No reason not to have continued this until we’re at least out of the winter season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm assuming today's 5pm news conference announcing the end of covid restrictions was a central plank of Operation Big Dog, or whatever the plan to try and save Johnson's neck is called, timed to deflect coverage of what he knew would be coming in PMQs.

I'm more than happy to continue wearing a mask for the foreseeable, and will continue to do so. **** Johnson, the useless prick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Passports are neither here nor there for me, but once again it feels like ditching masks is a mistake. I’ll keep mine on for the time being.

I honestly don’t get people’s problems with them TBH. “Oh no, I’ve been slightly inconvenienced for about 3 seconds before walking into Tesco”.

No reason not to have continued this until we’re at least out of the winter season.

Seems a crazy decision to drop masks when, amongst numerous public services and economic sectors, hospitals are still struggling with staff absenteeism due to Covid. Football grounds seem a very obvious super spreader event to me. And it must be shit if you have to use public transport and feel a bit vulnerable.

I’m pro-keep-the-mask;mask wearing is beneficial threefold

1) Protects the public
2) Virtue signaling
3) Thicko shaming.

What’s not to like?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems a crazy decision to drop masks when, amongst numerous public services and economic sectors, hospitals are still struggling with staff absenteeism due to Covid. Football grounds seem a very obvious super spreader event to me. And it must be shit if you have to use public transport and feel a bit vulnerable.

I’m pro-keep-the-mask;mask wearing is beneficial threefold

1) Protects the public
2) Virtue signaling
3) Thicko shaming.

What’s not to like?

Very uncool, obviously

On a serious note, come October we’ll be back in this shit, probably

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've voted "yes keep" because we're not quite there yet,

Ideally, part of Covid being endemic and life being normal will include mask wearing as a social norm during disease outbreaks as it was in Asia before the pandemic (without the wearers dying or being mocked) and those who need it getting jabbed once a year as per the flu.

But we can't live with social restrictions and fear forever and it does feel like Spring 2022 should see us rounding the bend into the home straight.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm assuming today's 5pm news conference announcing the end of covid restrictions was a central plank of Operation Big Dog, or whatever the plan to try and save Johnson's neck is called, timed to deflect coverage of what he knew would be coming in PMQs.

I'm more than happy to continue wearing a mask for the foreseeable, and will continue to do so. **** Johnson, the useless prick.

he's someone's son!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just ordered some FFP2 masks, covidiot isle returns next Thursday...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
almost no wearing of masks in west lower concourse and never had covid pass checked so seems pointless to keep them.

Think the question was about life in general rather than specifically at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here