Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank You Albion Fans!

el punal

My daughter recently purchased two half-season tickets in the West Upper for herself and my grandson. Last night was the first time that they’ve been able to attend. The good thing is that they’re quite close to me in D block so I can keep a beady eye on them! Anyway, my thanks go to the lovely Albion fans who sat next to them and made them feel so welcome. At the end of the game I was introduced to the new found friends - a Dad and his two sons (sorry, forgot your names in all your excitement) but I really appreciate you taking time out to chat to my gruesome twosome Rebecca and Harry. What a great football family we have, long may it continue. :kiss:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the other hand maybe they just got lucky, it's an absolute lottery who your seat partners turn out to be, it could have been the mouthy drunkard l have the displeasure of being seated next to!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On the other hand maybe they just got lucky, it's an absolute lottery who your seat partners turn out to be, it could have been the mouthy drunkard l have the displeasure of being seated next to!

Couldn't you just try and BOND with the mouthy drunkard on some level? Even if it means getting mouthy and drunk? Always worked for me :thumbsup:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My daughter recently purchased two half-season tickets in the West Upper for herself and my grandson. Last night was the first time that they’ve been able to attend. The good thing is that they’re quite close to me in D block so I can keep a beady eye on them! Anyway, my thanks go to the lovely Albion fans who sat next to them and made them feel so welcome. At the end of the game I was introduced to the new found friends - a Dad and his two sons (sorry, forgot your names in all your excitement) but I really appreciate you taking time out to chat to my gruesome twosome Rebecca and Harry. What a great football family we have, long may it continue. :kiss:

200.gif

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not last night but for the Crystal Palace game I had two people who I had never seen before sit next to me who spent the entire game just chatting to each other like they were in the pub and the fat arse bloke took up half of my seat. Luckily there was a seat free the other side of me, so I just moved up one and was able to ignore them as I was too engrossed in the game. The fella who had to sit the other side of them was livid and I thought at one point he was going to tell them to shut the duck up.

I know they pay their money and can chat if they want to, but if you’re really not interested in football why would you pay all that money just to to chat to your friend?

Glad your family was made to feel welcome.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I’ve apologised for that

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not last night but for the Crystal Palace game I had two people who I had never seen before sit next to me who spent the entire game just chatting to each other like they were in the pub and the fat arse bloke took up half of my seat. Luckily there was a seat free the other side of me, so I just moved up one and was able to ignore them as I was too engrossed in the game. The fella who had to sit the other side of them was livid and I thought at one point he was going to tell them to shut the duck up.

I know they pay their money and can chat if they want to, but if you’re really not interested in football why would you pay all that money just to to chat to your friend?

Glad your family was made to feel welcome.

In fairness, people who have met up to go to a game might not have seen each other for a while, so its also an opportunity for a catchup. I sit next to my sister, and whilst 80% of our natter will naturally be taken up by events on the pitch, we do sometimes wildy veer off-piste and venture into topics AWAY from football. I know thats shocking, but its often possible to watch a game of football, without talking exclusively about football.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
In fairness, people who have met up to go to a game might not have seen each other for a while, so its also an opportunity for a catchup. I sit next to my sister, and whilst 80% of our natter will naturally be taken up by events on the pitch, we do sometimes wildy veer off-piste and venture into topics AWAY from football. I know thats shocking, but its often possible to watch a game of football, without talking exclusively about football.

It is not shocking, to be honest I was more put out by his fat arse invading my seat. He wasn’t what I would call a big fella just socially unaware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here