Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Potter Were To Leave . . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If, and when he moves on, as he surely will eventually, which managers can you currently envisage, with the same footballing philosophy, replacing him?

Suggestions please.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ashworth will have a big list. Bloom et al would’ve already had a big list. Cooper is an obvious one- he’s made an immediate impact at Forest.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Edwards at Forest Green another doing well at club level after excelling ‘in the system’

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good question, after seeing Evertons succession plan, I'm not sure I would be overly keen on any of their list.

I would imagine we have an eye on Steve Cooper, however he would be a potential risk with no Premier League experience. I expect where we are currently as a club we would have an eye on a few managers abroad and we could tempt some surprisingly big names from some bigger clubs in Europe.

If all else fails we might finally get Jim Gannon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Steve Cooper at Forest would seem to fit a very similar profile.

Good call, l'll throw another, (sensible), name into the mix, Russell Martin, who again insists on a similar playing style.

Along with Potter, that makes three managers with Swansea connections, just a coincidence?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Isn’t Liam Rosenior the secret behind Wayne Rooney’s success at Derby? If so might be a shout provided Potter doesn’t take the England job for a few more years! Bruno for his assistant.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Steve Cooper at Forest would seem to fit a very similar profile.

0_GettyImages-1176875236.jpg

N

Dodsbury

Jun 19, 2011
If, and when he moves on, as he surely will eventually, which managers can you currently envisage, with the same footballing philosophy, replacing him?

Suggestions please.

Steve Cooper would be first choice for me, as was even when he was at Swansea. I'd also be interested in interviewing Emma Hayes- she's a tactics nerd apparently and players seem to love her so it be interesting to see if she could crossover to the Premier league

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Would the Coach of Mr Bloom's Belgian Club fill the bill?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Emma Hayes or Ralf Rangnick. RR will do better at a club with a No D*ckh**ds policy rather than the 'D*ckh**ds Only' place he's at now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be WAY more worried if the guy(s) who developed Sanchez and who hired Cucurella and Lamptey were to leave - even if that guy turned out to be a TB algorithm

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here