Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The best we’ve ever played?

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
As I was leaving last night a bloke said to me “that was the best I’ve ever seen us play”.
Was it though?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The grumpy and mostly silent bloke next to me last night (who I initially suspected was Chelsea) mumbled half way through the second half that it was like watching Brazil.

I thought we were superb all evening. Best we've played? On a technical level, perhaps. Of course there have been games and results, and performances, that have mattered to us far more.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't be the best we've ever played if we only drew and had two shots on target !

Thread closed.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we discount goal scoring and just concentrate on how we moved the ball and the closing down and taking up positions, then yes.

I am loving the number of back heels the players are now pulling off too

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I actually thought that the performance away at Chelsea last month was the best that I personally have ever seen from a Brighton team. Last night was very good but not quite at that level of performance…

To say that I’m disappointed with only taking 2 points from 2 games with Chelsea when we were well worth 6 points is absolutely bonkers… absolutely loving this time in our history and don’t want it to ever end…. However we are Brighton so you know what’s coming…….. :albion2::lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As I was leaving last night a bloke said to me “that was the best I’ve ever seen us play”.
Was it though?

I think so, Chelsea played well as well.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Thought second half at Anfield was better and Chelsea away. We need to really take these performances into games with bottom half teams and finally rip somoene a new one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The grumpy and mostly silent bloke next to me last night (who I initially suspected was Chelsea) mumbled half way through the second half that it was like watching Brazil..

Mumbled?

MUMBLED?

Must have been Chelsea, we used to sing that loud. :rolleyes:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
The Man City home win will take some beating as a performance despite them being 10 men. I recall the heatmap showing most of the team camped in their half!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No but I can rarely recall a time where a Brighton team have played so well as consistently as this, week-in-week out, as all the pundits say.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Man City home win will take some beating as a performance despite them being 10 men. I recall the heatmap showing most of the team camped in their half!

Yep, this or the Spurs 3-0 as [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] mentioned. Both games yielded 3 points and 3 goals and we were outstanding in both.

We were very good last night at the back, physically, in ball retention and effort and there were some lovely deft touches but we created better chances against Leeds and Palace (and didn't take them).

Whenever you discuss this you also have to take into account quality of opponent because probably our best home performance in the Amex era was under Poyet putting six past Blackpool but, of course, this current side has far better players playing far stronger opponents.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were very good but I think we played even better in the match at Stamford Bridge. We were also outstanding at Liverpool.

I was going to say Liverpool. The fact that we had the confidence to get ourselves back into that game away against a team that was on fire and had won its previous 2 league games 5-0, one of which was at Old Trafford, was something special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here