Chelsea at home was...

• One point gained

Votes: 101 53.4%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 88 46.6%

• Total voters

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
We all know that we deserved to beat them in both matches this season, but imagine being a fan of the "Champions of Europe" knowing full well that we have completely dominated them twice in just a few weeks...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This may sound a little over the top but in my 38 years of watching this lot that may be the best I've seen is play.

Toe to toe with the European Champions.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Certainly down as one of my favourite matches at the Amex now. We were :vuvu: ILLIANT tonight

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This may sound a little over the top but in my 38 years of watching this lot that may be the best I've seen is play.

Indeed. Looked just like a home game performance against a team in yellow such as Watford or Norwich. Infact, I’ve done them miss-service, Norwich will test Sanchez more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Without thinking for too long about it, I wouldn't rush to disagree with you, and I'm old enough to have seen us in our first division years.

Performances that rival tonight:
Wins against Liverpool: FA Cup 1983 and 1984, and 1-0 away last season, the win against Forest (European Cup winners) in 1980, the draw at Chelsea this season, the draw at Liverpool this season.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Normally a point tonight BUT tonight that was 2 dropped. We had so many chances at 1-1 to create a great chance but kept screwing up the final ball. It’s bollocks and disrespectful to say Chelsea were there for the taking however, due to our fantastic all round play they looked bang ordinary and bar their wingbacks and keeper they were full strength tonight. We were without Dunk, Biss, Lallana so it’s evens IMO.
Like Palace on Friday Chelsea were lucky that Turboman still isn’t up to 90 minutes yet, we win tonight if he stays on IMO.
We are ****ing electric!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Should be a 'fair result'.

Certainly ranks amongst the best Albion matches I've seen.

Ironically, one of the others was a draw, 0-0 v Sheffield United in 1985.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Point gained. Against the Champions of Europe (cough "you're having a laugh" ) we went toe to toe.

We could have nicked it at the end but so could they. Fair result I'd say.

But that's saying litlle old Brighton DESERVED a draw against the billion pound club that's the current Champions of Europe and it wasn't a fluke.

What a time to be an Albion fan.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i'll take one point gained especially after we went 1-0 down. We are what we are, a great footballing team without a cutting edge who are 9th in the BEST league in the world who have just drawn against a team that cost FOUR times as much as our team....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I feel the same. Even though it wasn't a win, that was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen live. So many outstanding performances against one of the best teams in the league and current European champions.

I'm not buying all this 'tired' BS from the manager. We matched them all over the parkb and should bloody well get some credit for that!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Imagine if we'd scored a winner at the end. Or if Webbo's mazey run had ended in a goal. Imagine.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We played some beautiful football, first half particularly.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You can’t ask for more. Despite the result.

I was just left thinking, and perhaps for the first time, yes, we deserve to be here and we are competing at the highest level.

Well done lads. Well done GP. Top drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
GP, Top drawer.

MASTER-LOGO_004f064d-9b0d-4c6e-9a36-2f0710952c9a_720x.jpg

GPott, you dirty old bloke.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two dropped, Welbeck should have hit the target with at least one of his three half chances

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
There’s no way that’s two points dropped. We played amazingly but Sanchez had more saves to make and for large swathes off the last 15 minutes we couldn’t get out the final third. A draw was a fair result, neither team can claim they absolutely deserved to win.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
i'll take one point gained especially after we went 1-0 down. We are what we are, a great footballing team without a cutting edge who are 9th in the BEST league in the world who have just drawn against a team that cost FOUR times as much as our team....

Only four? That surprises me with Lukaku close to £100m on his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here