Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope I still don't have the words.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems a little churlish, and rather against the spirit of this thread, to point out that we didn’t play wing-backs last night...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cucu in particular is a special player. Can’t believe we signed him tbh. What were the big clubs thinking?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Can't remember seeing two players so obviously enjoying their football as Lamptey and Cucurella last night. Gave everything too. The intensity just didn't drop. Lamptey even seemed to sprint when subbed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems a little churlish, and rather against the spirit of this thread, to point out that we didn’t play wing-backs last night...?

They were set up to be wingbacks, it's not the Albion's fault they didn't really have to fulfil the 'back' part of the job description.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can't remember seeing two players so obviously enjoying their football as Lamptey and Cucurella last night. Gave everything too. The intensity just didn't drop. Lamptey even seemed to sprint when subbed.

I was watching on a US stream, and the commentator mentioned this when he was subbed 'he just does nothing slowly'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They were set up to be wingbacks, it's not the Albion's fault they didn't really have to fulfil the 'back' part of the job description.

Eh? Tariq Lamptey didn't 'have to fulfil the back part' because he was playing right midfield. Unless by 'our wingbacks' you were meaning to start a discussion on Veltman? :mad:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What amazes me is Cucurella has dropped in and looks like he has played in that position for us for years. Normally there is a bedding in period where you learn your teammates traits. Hasn't been a problem for him. Guy is pure class

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm soon to be 52.
Naturally pessimistic (although I doubt that comes across on here)
Ground down by everything.
Nothing more so than the feeling of guilt for feeling like that.

I just can't properly explain the emotions Flair Hair and The Lamp induced last night.

Beyond BDB and a little of Webster I don't really have any idea how the rest of the team played.
If I weren't marveling at one I was completely enthralled by watching the other.

When they tackled each other on the centre spot I thought I might need a cigarette - I've never smoked.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They’ve taken our game on to another level. When they play our intensity levels are incredibly high from the off- something we’ve struggled with in the past. They set the tone, and they absolutely petrify the opposition. Personally, more than any other players, I feel that if they’re playing we have a chance against anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here