Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The fella who "invaded" the pitch

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm not one to excuse pitch invasions but I hope the bloke who was removed following his jump onto the pitch when we scored is treated leniently. Webster ran straight up to him, the bloke just couldn't contain himself and jumped onto Webster and immediately seemed to regret it. Seemed a bit harsh to march him off. I hope he was given a quiet word and no more.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Didn’t see that one. Did see the one after the full time whistle not sure where he appeared from though but he could hardly walk even being dragged

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
After Palace, surely everyone’s allowed on the pitch if they so wish? With pyro’s too? I hope the guy didn’t pay to get in either! Or is there one rule for them, and one rule for us?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm not one to excuse pitch invasions but I hope the bloke who was removed following his jump onto the pitch when we scored is treated leniently. Webster ran straight up to him, the bloke just couldn't contain himself and jumped onto Webster and immediately seemed to regret it. Seemed a bit harsh to march him off. I hope he was given a quiet word and no more.

LOL! Them days are long gone mate. 3 year FBO guaranteed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carting him off seemed a bit harsh.

In the aftermath I would have just booted him out and told him not to be so silly, in future.

No names no pack drill.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
LOL! Them days are long gone mate. 3 year FBO guaranteed.

I think there's a huge difference between the loons who ran on against Palace and a spontaneous jump when a player runs straight towards you. It was almost as though his momentum made him jump and he was instantly regretful. I just hope a bit of common sense is shown here. Watch the goal again and tell me that fella deserves to be banned and usually I have zero sympathy but I felt a bit for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’ll get a full paragraph in the next programme notes by PB:

“Once again the club’s reputation has been sullied by a mindless act of hooliganism. The club have a duty of care towards players, staff, match officials and stewards, their safety is paramount. [Donning black cap] The individual concerned has received a lifetime ban and a season ticket at Fratton Park. Take heed”.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
From the BT cameras - his mate pushed and nudged in the back and ultimately he ended up jumping on the other side of the advertising hoardings? Ridiculous to be thrown out for that.

[tweet]1483578638494748677[/tweet]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The fella who "invaded" the pitch

Didn’t see that one. Did see the one after the full time whistle not sure where he appeared from though but he could hardly walk even being dragged

That was hilarious, ran on to get selfie with Chelsea player, had his phone knocked out of his hand so no selfie and then dragged off (without his phone!) with the East stand shouting winker, winker at him. Gutted mate!

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
If everyone who ran on the pitch in a fit of passion when we scored in the 80s and 90s ended up getting banned, our support base would have been shot to pieces.
Clubs like Palace and Arsenal with no passion would have had no issues.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
From the BT cameras - his mate pushed and nudged in the back and ultimately he ended up jumping on the other side of the advertising hoardings? Ridiculous to be thrown out for that.

[tweet]1483578638494748677[/tweet]

Im no lawyer but i think there is a very good case he'll have any ban wiped out. I agree the stewards need to apply some common sense here. Im not saying they should necessarily but could the stewards of stopped this anyway before he got on the pitch?

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
Im no lawyer but i think there is a very good case he'll have any ban wiped out. I agree the stewards need to apply some common sense here. Im not saying they should necessarily but could the stewards of stopped this anyway before he got on the pitch?

This footage needs VAR.........potential "not my fault guv" situation.
Life ban from Barber for the mate that pushed him though :whistle:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
This footage needs VAR.........potential "not my fault guv" situation.
Life ban from Barber for the mate that pushed him though :whistle:
or did he make the most of a gentle push and 'dive' onto the pitch. Definately a case for VAR to review.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

There were, I believe, at least 3 after the match. One ran on, and the stewards ran on after him. While he was being carted off, another sauntered on, walked around, acted like he was one of the boys, then walked back, but which time one of the stewards had started to make his way on and he just peacefully went with the steward off to the far corner. The third, seemed to run on and to pretty much the bit of the pitch in front of the away bench, hug a chelsea player then appears to just walk back into the crowd (if they were apprehended by a steward I missed it).

Was there two v palace? Why so many in just a couple of matches? Why, as a chelsea fan, would you run on after such a performance and result against a teamlikebrighton?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do feel for him. He tried to return and got one leg back over the hoarding, but the steward held onto him as if his life depended on it and he was a goner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There were, I believe, at least 3 after the match. One ran on, and the stewards ran on after him. While he was being carted off, another sauntered on, walked around, acted like he was one of the boys, then walked back, but which time one of the stewards had started to make his way on and he just peacefully went with the steward off to the far corner. The third, seemed to run on and to pretty much the bit of the pitch in front of the away bench, hug a chelsea player then appears to just walk back into the crowd (if they were apprehended by a steward I missed it).

Was there two v palace? Why so many in just a couple of matches? Why, as a chelsea fan, would you run on after such a performance and result against a teamlikebrighton?

The second one you describe seemed to be going from player to player. My guess at the time was he was asking each of them for a shirt, but eas rejected each time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here