Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don’t want a striker

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Seriously, I don’t. I’ve never been more proud and more entertained and it’s a joy to see the whole team loving it. It’s almost as if Potter has created virtually two first elevens that can mix it with the big boys. So, please don’t bring in a big money/high wage Jonny who might score a few goals but will massively upset the apple cart and not be prepared to work anywhere near as hard as the other 9/10. We all know that we have something special here, let’s not spoil it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How about we get a striker that isn't called Jonny and doesn't upset the apple cart? Confident we can find one of those

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
90% of our play is marvellous. We just get stuck in the final third 9 times out of 10

Would you not want a player who could make us look the complete outfit?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seriously, I don’t. I’ve never been more proud and more entertained and it’s a joy to see the whole team loving it. It’s almost as if Potter has created virtually two first elevens that can mix it with the big boys. So, please don’t bring in a big money/high wage Jonny who might score a few goals but will massively upset the apple cart and not be prepared to work anywhere near as hard as the other 9/10. We all know that we have something special here, let’s not spoil it.

Well this is the main reason there is no new striker in the team. They wont just sign anyone, it needs to be the right guy. Better to sign no one than someone who is shit or doesnt fit in.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Have to disagree. We are one injury to Welbeck or Maupay away from looking very short up front. And it happened this season. The long winless spell was when Welbeck was out. But any player coming in will need to be prepared to be integrated into the potter style of formation and squad rotation.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Looking at the success that Potter's had with team spirit and creating an identity, I'd be very confident that any forward coming in would fit into his style of play as well as having the right temperament and work ethic.

We shouldn't be fearful here.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Again, plenty of chances off target and near misses tonight.

If we can improve the squad we should.

But yes, it needs to be the right player

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Have to disagree. We are one injury to Welbeck or Maupay away from looking very short up front. And it happened this season. The long winless spell was when Welbeck was out. But any player coming in will need to be prepared to be integrated into the potter style of formation and squad rotation.

Maupay and Wellbeck aren’t exactly prolific they just work hard, we have back ups in Fergusson and others so as long as they have been trained the Potter way I don’t see as we have a problem. We haven’t really had a striker since Murray left and it’s not stopped us from moving on. Let’s be patient and not greedy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I would quite happily have Ferguson play , saw enough in the WBA game to prove that he will be up for it. The issue we have is players still trying to over complicate things, one pass too many or our crosses are not quick enough mixed with a general reluctance to shoot on the half chance. Shoot and you might score, don't shoot then you won't score its that simple.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We’re getting very good at pressing and nicking the ball. The ‘game changer’ I think is someone with the pace to run behind when we do that. That could be a wide attacker as much as a centre forward.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I’d ideally like to have a coach in the ranks that used to be a striker. That might be a start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club can't have Moder, Jocko, Flair Hair and The Lamp without icing the cake.

These boys are set for greater heights than Lil Old Brighton.
The club needs to cash in on the pitch now before seriously cashing in off the pitch, far too soon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We’re getting very good at pressing and nicking the ball. The ‘game changer’ I think is someone with the pace to run behind when we do that. That could be a wide attacker as much as a centre forward.
I think that Moder and Mac (and possibly also Mwepu) have been that 'someone' before, and are maybe just just starting to work up to being that (or those) someone(s) for the Albion.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I disagree. The way we’re playing is I think the best I’ve ever seen (40 years) however I’ve seen BHA have more exciting teams that score more goals in the division they’re in.
I don’t want more strikers but I do want better strikers. Welbeck put 2 very good chances over the bar tonight when at least one has to hit the target, Maupay had a stinker when he came on (it happens). If we can upgrade one of those two with a striker who can fit in but is just more clinical then we’d cement top 10 or possibly higher and I’m not taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here