Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Manchester , the UK's new cultural hotspot ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, I agree with the article. The NW as a whole is undergoing a resurgence and Manchester is a brilliant place to visit. Not sure what the ‘perhaps not’ means ? But your video below doesn’t seem to work.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Cleaner streets and rare to have seagulls nicking your chips.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yes, I agree with the article. The NW as a whole is undergoing a resurgence and Manchester is a brilliant place to visit. Not sure what the ‘perhaps not’ means ? But your video below doesn’t seem to work.

Watched the video , showed mobs of teenagers acting like animals fighting and filming it . Typical Manchester . Liverpool don’t seem to have the same problem .

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Watched the video , showed mobs of teenagers acting like animals fighting and filming it . Typical Manchester . Liverpool don’t seem to have the same problem .

Are you kidding?

I have a flat in Castlefield and Manchester is no different to any other big city, Liverpool included, they all have big antisocial issues.

What sets apart Manchester is the investment going in. If you're making judgements by looking at a YouTube video you really need to go and visit.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
My son recently completed 3 years at Manchester University and I am so relieved at never having to go back there apart from maybe for a match; on my dozen or so visits I grew to hate the place. I found it unfriendly and rough with large numbers of zombie like people whacked-out on Spice . The much lauded "Northern Quarter" can't compare to the North Laine in Brighton for bars or shops, and there's a general sort of Wetherspoons feel to the nightlife. Leeds is a much better city.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My son recently completed 3 years at Manchester University and I am so relieved at never having to go back there apart from maybe for a match; on my dozen or so visits I grew to hate the place. I found it unfriendly and rough with large numbers of zombie like people whacked-out on Spice . The much lauded "Northern Quarter" can't compare to the North Laine in Brighton for bars or shops, and there's a general sort of Wetherspoons feel to the nightlife. Leeds is a much better city.

A friend of mine said Leeds is definitely a nicer city than Manchester which he says has always been quite rough .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally love Manchester. Huge amount of regen work going on at the moment to, some that has been completed is nice.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
'new' cultural hotspot? Blimey, that place has been at the forefront of our cultural zeitgeist for decades.

Lived there for four years in the 90s, absolutely loved that city, easily the most vibrant place I've lived in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here