Date: Tuesday 18th January 2022
Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Simon Beck, Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Andre Marriner
Additional VAR: Marc Perry

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Tariq Lamptey was only a substitute at the weekend because of a minor groin issue but he is fit enough to start against his former club Chelsea.

Lewis Dunk, Shane Duffy and Adam Lallana are set to miss out.

Chelsea have no new injuries but remain without Andreas Christensen, who has Covid-19, as well as Trevoh Chalobah, Ben Chilwell and Reece James.

Mason Mount and Jorginho are among the players pushing for a recall.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are winless in 16 attempts against Chelsea since beating them in the FA Cup in their first meeting in January 1933.
    [*=left]Chelsea's 13-match unbeaten league run in this fixture is their longest against a particular opponent without ever losing.
    [*=left]Three of the past four Premier League encounters have been drawn, including 1-1 at Stamford Bridge on 29 December.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in four league matches, earning eight points - as many as they managed in their previous 11 fixtures.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored seven league goals after the 80th minute this season. It has been their only goal of the game on every occasion.
    [*=left]Albion's tally of 28 points from 20 matches is their highest at this stage of a top-flight campaign since 1981-82.
    [*=left]They have won just two of their 14 Premier League fixtures on a Tuesday, beating Crystal Palace in December 2018 and Manchester City last May.
Chelsea

• [*=left]Chelsea have dropped points in eight of their past 12 league games, keeping just two clean sheets.
    [*=left]They are winless in three top-flight matches for the first time under Thomas Tuchel.
    [*=left]Chelsea could fail to score in back-to-back away league fixtures for the first time since August 2019.
    [*=left]The Blues only had seven touches in Manchester City's penalty area on Saturday, their fewest in a league match for seven years.
    [*=left]Romelu Lukaku is two shy of 200 career league goals.

Graham Potter's Chelsea Press Conference

[tweet]1483514592038985728[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1483514592038985728

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I can't see anything but a heavy defeat tonight, really hope I'm wrong and it's one of those famous evenings at the Amex.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Three points and a hat full of goals, we should be beating #teamslikechelsea no excuses! If we lose then it's Potter, Bloom, Barber and anyone else you care to mention OUT!!!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'm not coming down for this one, feel a surprise 0-0 coming on.

Looking forward to stories of mass browsing by mobs of west London hipsters, casually disturbing the sweater shelves in Pull&Bear and Urban Outfitters.... before being kettled in the Lanes Coffee House and limited to only two pre-match Flat Whites...

I hope for a peaceful night for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't see anything but a heavy defeat tonight, really hope I'm wrong and it's one of those famous evenings at the Amex.

Based on what? We have one of the best defences in the league and rarely lose heavily to anyone.

I reckon a 1-1, our signature scoreline.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have. To play tonight because of their commitment to other competitions… so let’s do it . After a tough 1 - 1 just 3 weeks ago we know how hard they are to beat . I will be happy with a draw but a win is definitely possible. We can do this, the days of feeling over awed are over . It is in our power so let’s show ‘em :albion2:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
2 - 1 or 0 - 1

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here