Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we so relaxed about Potter going to Everton ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes very relaxed because he isn't going to Everton and they will appoint Rooney or Martinez anyway.

:shrug:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I think Everton could sell the job very well

new stadium,bigger transfer funds

he left Swansea,ambitious fella obviously

I can see Everton becoming the new noisy neighbours,all this will coincide with Klopp leaving Liverpool

If Everton really want him,he'll take some keeping in my view

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think Everton could sell the job very well

new stadium,bigger transfer funds

he left Swansea,ambitious fella obviously

I can see Everton becoming the new noisy neighbours,all this will coincide with Klopp leaving Liverpool

If Everton really want him,he'll take some keeping in my view

I'm guessing you haven't watched the video :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm guessing you haven't watched the video :wink:

They just played the interview on radio five. I have never heard such a 'there is absolutely no chance I am leaving this club, unless in a wooden box' from a sitting manager touted for another job interview. He didn't even bother to say what a 'great club' Everton is. :bowdown:

:lolol:

Edit: oops - 'so that's a no to Everton then?'

'Ha! That's my answer'

He's off, then :facepalm:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I doubt for 1 second he would go there.

Everton see themselves as a far bigger club and in relative terms expect a degree of success almost instantly, whether it be being in the top 7 or so or a cup win occasionally.

Potter's remit with the Albion has been to build from a stable base over time, bringing some of the younger players through from the U23's and a few shrewd acquistions along the way. The plan for the Albion is a far more long term pragmatic approach to develop and stabilise us as a club for the long term, whereas Everton want everthing yesterday.

To this end that's why Potter isn't a good fit for Everton as they would never give him the time to develop a system and squad over a 2 or 3 year period. They are another one of these clubs who seem to think they have a devine right to have some success (however you class that) almost each and every season. Even though the noisey geordies are in trouble, Potter would be a far more suitable candidate for them on a period of sustained growth from a low base, but in saying that, with all the money now available to them perhaps they would be as impatient as the Toffees fans seem to be?

That's why GP is currently in the perfect place, probably half way through his project with us, so I can't see him leaving unless he received an offer from somebody so ridiculous to turn down.

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
They just played the interview on radio five. I have never heard such a 'there is absolutely no chance I am leaving this club, unless in a wooden box' from a sitting manager touted for another job interview. He didn't even bother to say what a 'great club' Everton is. :bowdown:

:lolol:

Edit: oops - 'so that's a no to Everton then?'

'Ha! That's my answer'

He's off, then :facepalm:

Great stuff Harry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great stuff Harry.

I'm a man of flexible mind, and always prepared to consider alternative interpretations of emerging events. :rolleyes:

I must say, though, that GPoTT does have lovely teeth. So white. I'm tempted to replace the 'lovely hair' contest (during televised football - Grealish is a regular winner) with a lovely teeth competition.

I'll sleep on it, given there is no telly football on tonight.

And, you're welcome :thumbsup:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
The future new stadium’s an irrelevance here. If nothing goes wrong, it’ll open in August 2024.

In Everton terms, that’s 4 managers away.

Probably not,but nice to know just the same

If they really want GP,they might even go down the 'caretaker ' route
Until the right man is available

Of course I realise Watford was :fishing:
But let's face it,GP won't be at Brighton forever in a day
Hopefully he will let this one go by

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Greatly astonished that there's no great #PotterOut uproar over how in his great list of all the great things about the great club he didn't mention "great fans". What an awesome answer though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There is zero chance he goes to Everton. Basket case of a club and he’s not the sort to chase just money. He’ll of course leave us one day but it won’t be for this dead end job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm a man of flexible mind, and always prepared to consider alternative interpretations of emerging events. :rolleyes:

I must say, though, that GPoTT does have lovely teeth. So white. I'm tempted to replace the 'lovely hair' contest (during televised football - Grealish is a regular winner) with a lovely teeth competition.

I'll sleep on it, given there is no telly football on tonight.

And, you're welcome :thumbsup:

To carry off a strawberry blonde beard with confidence yet not a hint of ostentation takes class :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You seriously reckon GP would bin off this job (contracted till June 2025) for a CARETAKER job at Goodison, just keeping the seat warm for someone else ? ???

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Probably not,but nice to know just the same

Of course I realise Watford was :fishing:
But let's face it,GP won't be at Brighton forever in a day
Hopefully he will let this one go by

Personally I don't see why he shouldn't be here for years and years?

It is quite obvious he has found a job he wants and is backed up by Brighton Management.

Presume Phase One of the Project was to make sure we were not in danger of going down.

Presume Phase Two is to consistently match up with the top 6 in the same way Leicester did a few years back, obviously a much bigger job with the resources we have.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The future new stadium’s an irrelevance here. If nothing goes wrong, it’ll open in August 2024.

In Everton terms, that’s 4 managers away.

didn't we spend best part of a decade enticing managers with plans and models of our new stadium? which for a very long time seemed a bit like Palaces new stand is now.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
You seriously reckon GP would bin off this job (contracted till June 2025) for a CARETAKER job keeping the seat warm for someone else ? ???

I can't see that happening. Now put Ole in as manager and GP as his assistant and maybe you're on to something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here