Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
See Burnley have requested a postponement of game against Watford. Covid mentioned but assume could be because have not got in a replacement for Woods. With 25 player squads and Academy players this is becoming a joke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah its a bit of a joke but hey ho matters little for Brighton... Burnley are going down either this season (and wont catch up with Brighton) or next and no one will miss them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't particularly care about other teams postponing but it does irk me that they refused our request to get the wolves game postponed and then we lost it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
See Burnley have requested a postponement of game against Watford. Covid mentioned but assume could be because have not got in a replacement for Woods. With 25 player squads and Academy players this is becoming a joke

They "couldn't field a side" to play Leicester on Saturday, so was always likely that would remain the case three days later. I'd imagine their issues will ease a little once their stand-out best player Maxwell Cornet returns from the AFCON...

(I've no axe to grind with Burnley on this, mind. They had THREE games in December, swerved by their opponents, when they were ready to play.)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They "couldn't field a side" to play Leicester on Saturday, so was always likely that would remain the case three days later. I'd imagine their issues will ease a little once their stand-out best player Maxwell Cornet returns from the AFCON...

(I've no axe to grind with Burnley on this, mind. They had THREE games in December, swerved by their opponents, when they were ready to play.)

Maybe not, but l have plenty of other axes to grind . . .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't particularly care about other teams postponing but it does irk me that they refused our request to get the wolves game postponed and then we lost it.

The team we fielded was very strong though no? Embarrassed we even asked based on 4 cases, 2 of which were Locadia & Steele.

It was predictable that everyone was clamouring to know 'what is the required level to get a game called off' - the Premier League buckled and explained what the rules were, and now guess what - everyone is finding way around the rules. Sadly inevitable.

However at least for Burnley it does not surprise me if they cannot name 13+1 GK with at least 1 appearance in PL or EFL or whatever it is, because they already have a small squad, don't really have an academy. Arsenal on the other hand....

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Burnley's squad registered at the start of the season. They've lost Chris Wood, and Max "Max" Cornet's at AFCON, but still...

Burnley
25 Squad players

First names Surname
Phillip Anthony Bardsley HGP
Ashley Luke Barnes HGP
Joshua Brownhill HGP
Jack Frank Porteous Cork HGP
Gnaly Albert Maxwel Cornet
Anthony Glennon HGP
Johann Berg Gudmundsson
Wayne Robert Hennessey HGP
Aaron Justin Lennon HGP
Kevin Finbarr Long HGP
Matthew John Lowton HGP
Dwight James Matthew McNeil HGP
Benjamin Thomas Mee HGP
Richard Nicos Tettey Nartey HGP
William James Norris HGP
Erik Pieters
Nicholas David Pope HGP
Connor Roberts HGP
Jay Enrique Rodriguez HGP
Dale Christopher Stephens HGP
James Alan Tarkowski HGP
Charles James Taylor HGP
Matej Vydra
Ashley Roy Westwood HGP
Chris Wood HGP

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

First names Surname
Harry George Allen HGP
Finlay Patric Armstrong HGP
Ruairi Behan
Corey Carl Brennan HGP
Trevon Nataniel Bryan
Charlie Casper HGP
Nathan Collins HGP
Joel Alexander George Connolly HGP
Jacson David Coppack HGP
Dara James Morgan Costelloe
William Antony Couch HGP
Owen Joel Dodgson HGP
Tremaine Leroy Winston Eastmond HGP
Sean Kesena Temitope Etaluku HGP
Calen Gallagher- Allison HGP
Anthony Jesus Gomez Mancini
Wiktor Adam Gromek
Jacob Luke Hamilton HGP
Robert William Harker HGP
Mark David Helm HGP
William James Hugill HGP
Nathan James HGP
Jack James Leckie HGP
Dane Neil McCullough
Joseph Peter McGlynn HGP
Michael Jordan Donald Mellon HGP
Harry Robert Moss
Kade Ratchford HGP
Lewis Richardson HGP
Jake Richard Rooney HGP
Daniel Sassi HGP
Joseph Ian Smyth-Ferguson HGP
Bobby Craig Thomas HGP
Lewis Luka Thomas HGP
Max Thompson HGP
Ne'Jai Tucker HGP
Samual Connor Unwin HGP
Ethen James Vaughan HGP
Sam William John Waller HGP
Steven Tomos George Walters HGP
Benn David Ward
Joseph Anthony Westley HGP
Harry Williams HGP
Keelan Ellis Williams HGP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The team we fielded was very strong though no? Embarrassed we even asked based on 4 cases, 2 of which were Locadia & Steele.

It was predictable that everyone was clamouring to know 'what is the required level to get a game called off' - the Premier League buckled and explained what the rules were, and now guess what - everyone is finding way around the rules. Sadly inevitable.

However at least for Burnley it does not surprise me if they cannot name 13+1 GK with at least 1 appearance in PL or EFL or whatever it is, because they already have a small squad, don't really have an academy. Arsenal on the other hand....
It just irritates that the PL said no to us yet they roll over for every other request. :shrug:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I read earlier that Leeds have given debuts to 8 teenagers this season.
Fair play to them for not looking to postpone their games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It just irritates that the PL said no to us yet they roll over for every other request. :shrug:

Not just us - Palace / Spurs from memory. Get the games done I say - some clubs are going to have a lot of games to cram in which will lead to further injuries etc

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

They don't have enough white players available and could only put a team out by calling on BAME players. Best to call it off to avoid inflaming Rodriguez and the fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

They got one of their games called off though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We've fielded the following:

Antef Tsongui
Hayden Roberts
Michal Karbownik
Moises Caicedo
Mark Leonard
Taylor Richards
Evan Ferguson
Andrew Moran
Odel Offiah
Ed Turns
Jeremy Sarmiento
(plus James Furlong and Tom McGill as unused subs)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Resting unavailable players now by getting games postponed is gonna come back to bite them on the bum when the fixture backlog build-up demands 3 games per week in Mar/Apr where more injuries will accumulate for sure ....

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Resting unavailable players now by getting games postponed is gonna come back to bite them on the bum when the fixture backlog build-up demands 3 games per week in Mar/Apr where more injuries will accumulate for sure ....

Yep no doubt to be accompanied by large scale moaning from manager about fixture overload.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We've fielded the following:

Antef Tsongui
Hayden Roberts
Michal Karbownik
Moises Caicedo
Mark Leonard
Taylor Richards
Evan Ferguson
Andrew Moran
Odel Offiah
Ed Turns
Jeremy Sarmiento
(plus James Furlong and Tom McGill as unused subs)

Got about 25 mins worth out of that lot in the league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here