Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 closed Tuesday 18/01/2022 evening for roadworks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/198...ivers-warned-plan-journeys-ahead-a27-closure/

"DRIVERS and football fans are being warned of potential delays due to a road closure on the A27.

The westbound carriageway between the Ashcombe roundabout, Lewes and the Carden Avenue junction in Hollingbury, Brighton will be closed from 8pm tomorrow to 6am on Wednesday.

National Highways says the closure will start after traffic levels have reduced following Albion’s match against Chelsea at The Amex tomorrow.
"

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/198...ivers-warned-plan-journeys-ahead-a27-closure/

"DRIVERS and football fans are being warned of potential delays due to a road closure on the A27.

The westbound carriageway between the Ashcombe roundabout, Lewes and the Carden Avenue junction in Hollingbury, Brighton will be closed from 8pm tomorrow to 6am on Wednesday.

National Highways says the closure will start after traffic levels have reduced following Albion’s match against Chelsea at The Amex tomorrow.
"

which should be about 11 p.m then .....my goodness , you couldn't make it up. is the department of main roads run by palace fans...?

el punal

"

So the closure will start at 21.55 then. ???

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
which should be about 11 p.m then .....my goodness , you couldn't make it up. is the department of main roads run by palace fans...?

You'd assume they'd use a bit of common sense and not close it until about then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Would've been pencilled in months and months ago, long before the Chelsea game was rescheduled.

Well done to the OP for the heads up though. I have no idea how the cars and coaches will get around this little delight post-match, if they don't re-arrange it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

"

So is it being closed around 8pm after traffic has got to the ground?
or
after traffic leaves the ground?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

These roadworks are planned weeks in advance. It's the Albion who have scheduled a game when there are roadworks on the A27, rather than the Highways Agency scheduling works during a match

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

"

This is going to be some thread on here, if this happens. Excited.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So is it being closed around 8pm after traffic has got to the ground?
or
after traffic leaves the ground?

It's that ambiguity that is causing the problem! The fact the club haven't mentioned makes me think it'll be after the the match.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Would've been pencilled in months and months ago, long before the Chelsea game was rescheduled.

Well done to the OP for the heads up though. I have no idea how the cars and coaches will get around this little delight post-match, if they don't re-arrange it.

i know , i know just ...:fishing: -2 degs c as well .......crisp.....!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do the club not bother to check this sort of thing when theres a rescheduled game so they and get it moved to different date?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is it not a case of Sky: Jump
Any club: How high?

See also: Boxing Day.

shirely if club inform them there's no access/exit to the stadium on a date, Sky have to look to another game. clubs might be just rolling over and saying thats fine, then expecting highways to alter their plans.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No doubt the gas/lektric/water board will be along to do something involving large holes and dodgy patches next week then

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
letter to residents says. please note. "Tuesdays closure will start after traffic level has reduced following the match at the Stadium" so probably about 10-45 - 11-00 pm So no problem at all !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here