Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Prince of Wales

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, not the jug-eared goon who will shortly be our King (although actually, I do rather like the old sap).

That little pub in Churchill Square though. Tell me where you can get better nosh. Its an independent, so their menu is not an extensive list of pre-packed crap that gets zapped upon order - there is a proper CHEF. The portions are more than generous, and frankly, the omelettes there are to DIE for. I cuffing love that pub. A bit pokey, and they only have BT not Sky these days, but as a pre-match boozer-creche its perfect. Beers a bit dear, but its worth it. *

* I do not work there or have any financial affiliation. I just LIKE it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I forget. Who becomes the PrOW when the Greatest Royal in History passes and the current PrOW becomes King, if he outlasts his mother. Or if Prince William becomes King after his father has passed when his Gran passes.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Went there with the wife 5 years ago as it was the only pub in town that I could find that sold classic British food. Most of the pubs in Brighton seem to offer up Thai food or vegan muck these days.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The Camelford Arms is rather good for food too, especially their roast, which is probably the biggest meal I've ever been served. It is rather on the pricey side for some of their food though (£10.80 for a fish finger sandwich!) But it's a nice little boozer.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The Camelford Arms is rather good for food too, especially their roast, which is probably the biggest meal I've ever been served. It is rather on the pricey side for some of their food though (£10.80 for a fish finger sandwich!) But it's a nice little boozer.

Huge portions as well!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

£10.80 for a fish finger sandwich is mental.
Was it served up on a plank of driftwood?
I had a really nice Haddock and Chips with peas and a side salad in a cracking pub on a beach yesterday with great views etc, the fish was fresh, large and nicely cooked and the chips were fabulous.
£14.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Haven't been for quite a while but it's a pub I've got fond memories of, mainly from being the regular haunt for my after work, underage drinking, when working at the old Tesco at the back of Churchill Square. Next time I'm over in Brighton I might pop in for lunch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Admittedly I’ve only ever had one pint in there in 24 years of living in Sussex but I always took TPoW to be a little, chavvy, grief hole. Who knew!

We always used to go a bit further along to The Pull & Pump. When I worked at Virgin Megastore that was our go-to. Very happy times. Lots of Tuaca.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here