Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Chelsea (home)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Would love to see Lamptey, Mwepu and Welbeck all start - but I'm guessing they will all be options off the bench for this one?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Would love to see Lamptey, Mwepu and Welbeck all start - but I'm guessing they will all be options off the bench for this one?

Mwepu won’t be around for a few weeks according to Potters last pre match news conference

I’m assuming AL won’t be fit so midfield choices will be interesting….hoping March gets a start, looked bright as a sub on Friday ….Lamptey also

Looking forward to Tuchel going on again about injuries and how his players have been in bed for a month

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mwepu won’t be around for a few weeks according to Potters last pre match news conference

Ah. Fair enough - I missed that. I thought he was an unused sub vs Palace but I must have been mistaken. (Frustrating that he was played vs WBA in a 3rd round cup match when we knew we would be without Biss for the duration of his AFCON commitments. Mwepu is turning in a real game-changer; his assist for Trossard vs Brentford and his 2 assists at Everton are making the difference. Shame to needlessly lose him for a month+ in a cup game like that).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ah. Fair enough - I missed that. I thought he was an unused sub vs Palace but I must have been mistaken. (Frustrating that he was played vs WBA in a 3rd round cup match when we knew we would be without Biss for the duration of his AFCON commitments. Mwepu is turning in a real game-changer; his assist for Trossard vs Brentford and his 2 assists at Everton are making the difference. Shame to needlessly lose him for a month+ in a cup game game like that).

He’s certainly become a valuable member of the squad …at the start of his time with us I thought he was a bit slow in thought ..obviously I was being super critical as he just needed time to adjust to the pace of the PL …looking forward to seeing him show even more..unfortunately he’s picked up a few injuries

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez
Lamptey-Dunk-Webster-Cucurella
Moder-Lallana
Trossard-Mac Allister
Maupay-Welbeck​

That should do it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah. Fair enough - I missed that. I thought he was an unused sub vs Palace but I must have been mistaken. (Frustrating that he was played vs WBA in a 3rd round cup match when we knew we would be without Biss for the duration of his AFCON commitments. Mwepu is turning in a real game-changer; his assist for Trossard vs Brentford and his 2 assists at Everton are making the difference. Shame to needlessly lose him for a month+ in a cup game like that).

Really surprised to see that post from you of all people - you, who have always (rightly) argued against the trend of neglecting to have a serious stab at a cup run.

We were going out of the FACup with a whimper, before Potter sent on Mwepu and the others to push us over the line.

If we can’t take the FA Cup seriously this (half) season, sitting so comfortably in the PL, then we may as well stop entering it.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Sanchez
Lamptey-Dunk-Webster-Cucurella
Moder-Lallana
Trossard-Mac Allister
Maupay-Welbeck​

That should do it.
Heard rumour Dunk out for another three weeks got a niggle in training, not sure about Lallana having come off on Friday.
For me I would go Webster, Veltman and Webster with Lamptey and Cucurella pushing on. I would like to see March start as he's been excellent of late but not sure how to get him in.
How close is Enoch to returning?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Really surprised to see that post from you of all people - you, who have always (rightly) argued against the trend of neglecting to have a serious stab at a cup run.

We were going out of the FACup with a whimper, before Potter sent on Mwepu and the others to push us over the line.

If we can’t take the FA Cup seriously this (half) season, sitting so comfortably in the PL, then we may as well stop entering it.

Ha - yes. Well it is probably a combination of (a) becoming more risk-adverse as I get older, plus (b) the benefit of bags of hindsight now Mwepu is crocked. Although he doesn't necessarily score them himself, for me he is becoming the key to more goals from midfield. Gutted he will be unavailable for the next few (?) games minimum as I love watching him play.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Without wishing to sound pedantic Mwepu wasn’t sent on he started …I do agree with the overall sentiment of your post

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Really surprised to see that post from you of all people....

(Also, I had my annual performance review with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] last Friday. He told me that I'm not generating enough page views and gave me a "Not Meeting Expectations" FFS. Don't tell the others. Cheers).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Assuming Dunk, Mwepu and Lallana are all out.

Sanchez
Veltman, Webster, Burn
Lamptey, Moder, Mac Allister, Cucurella
Trossard, March
Maupay

I really liked the responsibility Mac Allister took on late in the second half when he and Moder were our two central midfielders. He wanted the ball a lot and I want to see more of that.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
———————Sanchez——————-
Lamptey-Webster-Burn--Cucurella
—Groß——Moder——Mac Allister—-
——————-Trossard———————-
———Maupay———Wellbeck———-

Jimmy Grimble

I’d be amazed if he risked Lallana, whatever the injury was.

Huge opportunity for Moder and Mac to prove their value as central midfielders.

If we can perform and get something out of this game - without Lallana and Bissouma - then we really do have very little to worry about moving forwards.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Heard rumour Dunk out for another three weeks got a niggle in training, not sure about Lallana having come off on Friday.
For me I would go Webster, Veltman and Webster with Lamptey and Cucurella pushing on. I would like to see March start as he's been excellent of late but not sure how to get him in.

Bit tough on Webster

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Im IN!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Assuming Dunk, Lallana and Mwepu don’t play:

————————Sanchez;
—Veltman - Webster - Burn - Cucurella;
Lamptey - Moder - Mac Allister - March;
—————-Maupay - Welbeck.

Think Trossard could do with a rest and I want to see Welbeck on the end of Lamptey and March’s crosses. Tross a great sub to bring on 2nd half too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here