Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We never ever ever ever give up.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
And that’s the biggest difference between this season and last. I was a big critic of Potter last year, and 12 months ago the moment Palace put the ball in the back of the net, I’d have resigned myself to losing. Actually, the moment half-time came I’d have resigned myself to us not winning. This year, with all our late goals, I didn’t lose heart when Gallagher scored. I truly believed we had the capability to come back and even win the game. Alas, it was a point, and the least we deserved.

Tonight was fun. This season is fun. Five years on and this is the kind of PL season I have yearned for!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Definitely mixed feelings as there was so many good chances but coming back from behind at least feels A LOT better than conceding late.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
And that’s the biggest difference between this season and last. I was a big critic of Potter last year, and 12 months ago the moment Palace put the ball in the back of the net, I’d have resigned myself to losing. Actually, the moment half-time came I’d have resigned myself to us not winning. This year, with all our late goals, I didn’t lose heart when Gallagher scored. I truly believed we had the capability to come back and even win the game. Alas, it was a point, and the least we deserved.

Tonight was fun. This season is fun. Five years on and this is the kind of PL season I have yearned for!

Great post - fun is the word. So many emotions in one game but without the spectre of relegation looming I actually enjoyed rather than being furious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the team believe they can score at any time, I think players like Maupay and Trossard are maturing, Welbeck, Mac, Moder, Lallana are all settled and the team are more of a unit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
True. But…

…has there EVER been a more frustrating club to support and especially when it comes to playing them lot at the Amex?

I blooming HATE football, tonight’s another 6months off our lives needlessly because we were all over them yet again with not nearly enough to show for it. Season after season. As Fergie famously said “Football, bloody hell!”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Definitely mixed feelings as there was so many good chances but coming back from behind at least feels A LOT better than conceding late.

In the stadium, when we scored, it was like aiming the remote at Palace and pressing mute. Very satisfying although clearly not the win we craved.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter’s coaching and resilience is infectious on the players AND supporters at the games.

Historically I’d resign myself to a defeat after going behind to a second half sucker punch after outclassing opponents.

But I said on 80 minutes don’t give up, we’re patiently passing, CP look worried.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True. But…

…has there EVER been a more frustrating club to support and especially when it comes to playing them lot at the Amex?

I blooming HATE football, tonight’s another 6months off our lives needlessly because we were all over them yet again with not nearly enough to show for it. Season after season. As Fergie famously said “Football, bloody hell!”

Feels like a win to me.

Number one rule of derbies …. don’t lose.

Scoring last and so late was very, very sweet.

Think I’ll get the Hendricks & tonic out :whisky::)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yep. It's mad how often it's happened this season. Feels very out of the ordinary. It's great, but the next step is to not be in a position where we need late goals to get something out of a game in the first place. Small steps and all that

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was chatting to junior after they scored, we both said we’d find a way of scoring……..seen it so often this season it wasn’t even a surprise. It’s a fantastic characteristic of the current squad and management.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was chatting to junior after they scored, we both said we’d find a way of scoring……..seen it so often this season it wasn’t even a surprise. It’s a fantastic characteristic of the current squad and management.

We had the same chat. I’ve morphed into a positive, not resigned, supporter when we go a goal down.

That’s on Potter, another tick to his long list of attributes. Instilling calm and clearness of mind in the players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
How many defeats saved after 85 mins now?

It’s 7 points gained after 87…
5 saved defeats converted to draws (Palace, West Ham, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace)
And one victory from a draw (Brentford)

A further 4 points gained before 87 but from losing positions… a draw and a win.
(Liverpool, Burnley. )

So 7 defeats saved in total…i think
And 1 in the FA Cup (WBA)

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

No not a fair comment vehemently disagree

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s clear this squad BELIEVE, things can only get better. So many mates who support other teams are now watching every televised Albion game because they know they will be entertained. Sneaking late goals makes it even better. I wonder if this late goal habit prays on the minds of the opposition as full time draws near? There was some genuine panic at the back for Palace in those last few mins

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s clear this squad BELIEVE, things can only get better. So many mates who support other teams are now watching every televised Albion game because they know they will be entertained. Sneaking late goals makes it even better. I wonder if this late goal habit prays on the minds of the opposition as full time draws near? There was some genuine panic at the back for Palace in those last few mins

Not thought of that and you’re probably right. I am now made up with the thought after all these years that my beloved Albion have installed a creeping terror in the opposition as the clock counts down. Poetry!

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Maupay – stating the obvious, given his involvement in the late goals this season, but – is possibly the best personification of this, with his never say die fighter attitude, sharp and hungry to the death. Love him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here