Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2022

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I watched it live on C4 and I’ve read all the comments about what a great race it was. But surely that was principally because a safety car was deployed 10 laps from the end, wiped out the leaders advantage and bunched the field up again? Without that it would have just been another fairly regulation run the flag, most likely.

It felt like watching someone winning 2-0 in the cup final then in the 80th minute the ref suddenly says “ right, next goal wins it!” Exciting? Possibly. But it renders everything that has happened prior to that point as pretty meaningless.

Perhaps F1 should deploy a safety car 10 laps from the end of every race, or maybe just make each round a 30 mile shoot out?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It felt like watching someone winning 2-0 in the cup final then in the 80th minute the ref suddenly says “next goal wins it!”

Well, given that last year the ENTIRE season came down to “next goal wins it, but Max you get the ball and Lewis - look, I know you were winning, but could you just stand over here and watch Max score the winning goal”, I guess that’s progress for F1?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I watched it live on C4 and I’ve read all the comments about what a great race it was. But surely that was principally because a safety car was deployed 10 laps from the end, wiped out the leaders advantage and bunched the field up again? Without that it would have just been another fairly regulation run the flag, most likely.

It felt like watching someone winning 2-0 in the cup final then in the 80th minute the ref suddenly says “ right, next goal wins it!” Exciting? Possibly. But it renders everything that has happened prior to that point as pretty meaningless.

Perhaps F1 should deploy a safety car 10 laps from the end of every race, or maybe just make each round a 30 mile shoot out?

I actually thought with LH on tyres 20 laps younger than Sainz and was it 10 on Leclerc that the SC robbed us of a genuine finish. We'll never know but think LH would have reeled in Sainz and was doing so, and may well have had a shot at Leclerc in the closing stages. Just my thoughts…

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surprised no mention of the protesters who walked onto the track during that first lap. It was fortunate that the race got red-flagged, otherwise there could easily have been a catastrophic tragedy. They not only put their own lives at risk, but those of the marshals who had to pursue these goons and physically clear them off the track.

They are utterly beneath contempt and deserve locking up.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
z.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

The safety car gave us the opportunity to see some incredible three way wheel to wheel racing but without it we were still on for an exciting finish with Lewis on much fresher tyres reeling in the Ferrari's.

It was an engrossing race from the first corner onwards.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was looking at the links after that article suggesting Verstappen says this about Hamilton, Marko says that, Horner says another thing.
Is there real needle between these people or is it just the papers fabricating stuff?
I refuse to even look at it as it all seems so unecessary. No wonder there is so much unpleasantness on social media.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now Russell crashes

Bad day at the office for Mercedes

D

Deleted member 2719

Poor Mclaren really struggling this weekend.
A Haas beating the goat......is it even possible?
If you have the car, anything is possible as I have always maintained.
Perhaps if Hamilton was driving for Haas this year he might be up there, it's almost like we had debated this point last season.:lolol:
George seems to be getting to grips with the Merc, although I accept he is on the edge, imagine him in a Haas.
This F1 business 'is a funny old game'. :lolol::lolol:

Let's hope for the Ferraris to be racing both red bulls and a couple of safety cars to be chucked in to keep it fun tomorrow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poor Mclaren really struggling this weekend.
A Haas beating the goat......is it even possible?
If you have the car, anything is possible as I have always maintained.
Perhaps if Hamilton was driving for Haas this year he might be up there, it's almost like we had debated this point last season.:lolol:
George seems to be getting to grips with the Merc, although I accept he is on the edge, imagine him in a Haas.
This F1 business 'is a funny old game'. :lolol::lolol:

Let's hope for the Ferraris to be racing both red bulls and a couple of safety cars to be chucked in to keep it fun tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

An uncharacteristic crash in qualifying that looked to be caused by a freak gust of wind put Hamilton further back on the grid than he otherwise would have been and he was then taken out by Gasly at the start of the Sprint. From there it was actually an excellent come back to get a point and he'll comfortably beat the Haas cars this afternoon unless someone takes him out again.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Will be an interesting race if the stewards are as strict about on-track limits as they were during the F2 race.

Can see there being quite a few tantrums :rant:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Will be an interesting race if the stewards are as strict about on-track limits as they were during the F2 race.

Can see there being quite a few tantrums :rant:

Was it corners 9 and 10?

If the F1 game is anything to go by those corners are so easy to go a little wide on. There's so much run off and no (physical) punishment for using some of it. If it's too big an issue they should put a gravel trap in them like they have at 4, 6,7,8.

D

Deleted member 2719

:rolleyes:

An uncharacteristic crash in qualifying that looked to be caused by a freak gust of wind put Hamilton further back on the grid than he otherwise would have been and he was then taken out by Gasly at the start of the Sprint. From there it was actually an excellent come back to get a point and he'll comfortably beat the Haas cars this afternoon unless someone takes him out again.

Yes, I know he will comfortably take beat the Haas lads, it was just funny how we discussed how good would Hamilton be in a Haas just last year.................with Hamilton and Merc not on it and Haas on it, who would have thought it!

Hoping for an exciting one today, I really hope Lando can get some joy today.

Ps I think that strong gust of wind was from Toto's arse when he realised how far away they are on time this weekend!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here