Date: Friday 14th January 2022
Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Referee: Rob Jones
Assistants: Adam Nunn, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Stuart Attwell
Additional VAR: Ian Hussin

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion captain Lewis Dunk is making good progress in his recovery from a knee injury but he remains unavailable.

Moises Caicedo has been recalled from a loan spell in Belgium and could feature with Enock Mwepu injured and Yves Bissouma at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Crystal Palace trio Wilfried Zaha, Jordan Ayew and Cheikhou Kouyate are also on international duty.

James McArthur and James Tomkins are both sidelined by injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton & Hove Albion are winless in the past five Premier League meetings.
    [*=left]Palace could win three successive league games at Brighton for the first time.
    [*=left]There has been a decisive 90th-minute goal in the previous three league encounters, with Albion earning two draws and Crystal Palace one win as a result.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton's tally of 27 points from 19 games is their joint-highest at this stage of a top-flight campaign, last set in 1981-82.
    [*=left]They have won two of their past three league matches following an 11-game winless run.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored six goals in their past three league games - the same total as in the previous 10 combined.
    [*=left]Brighton lost their first Premier League fixture played on a Friday against Bournemouth but have remained unbeaten in the subsequent four, keeping a clean sheet each time.
Palace

• [*=left]Crystal Palace's only victory in their past 11 Premier League away games was by 2-0 at Manchester City in October (D3, L7).
    [*=left]The Eagles have lost their last three league matches on the road without scoring.
    [*=left]Palace have won a league-low 26% of their points in away fixtures this season.
    [*=left]They have never won a Premier League fixture on a Friday, drawing three and losing four.
    [*=left]Odsonne Edouard has scored twice and provided three assists in his last four Premier League appearances, which is two more goal involvements than in his first 13 games in the division.
    [*=left]Michael Olise has been directly involved in an unrivalled five Premier League goals as a substitute this season, scoring two and assisting three.

Graham Potter's Palace Press Conference

[tweet]1482065069068492801[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1482065069068492801

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am not a religious man, but please jebus, watch over Brighton & Hove Actually, tonight.
May I offer this little prayer.

Our Father, who art from Sussex, Potter be thy name; thy victory come; thy will be done on the pitch as it is in Lancing. Give us this day our daily victory, and forgive us our misplaced passes as we don’t forgive those who foul against us; and lead us not into croydon, but deliver us from Nigel.

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I am not a religious man, but please jebus, watch over Brighton & Hove Actually tonight, may I offer this little prayer.

Our Father, who art from Sussex, Potter be thy name; thy victory come; thy will be done on the pitch as it is in Lancing. Give us this day our daily victory, and forgive us our misplaced passes as we don’t forgive those who foul against us; and lead us not into croydon, but deliver us from Nigel.

Amen brother.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Me and a friend was saying yesterday that we hope Sanchez can keep his cool with 3,000 Palace fans behind the goal, albeit his reaction to that lot was after the game…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I hate this fixture, it has the potential to totally ruin my weekend. A win will leave me whistling a happy tune with my hat at a jaunty angle, a loss will leave me snapping and scowling all weekend...a draw...meh..! It would be great if the team keep the form they have been showing and go at Palace from the start, get them on the back foot and mercilessly beat them down, but we all know too well we have the potential to totally **** things up and the worst possible outcome happen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, so excited

Love it when those theatrical singers in black arrive in unison and teach us all how to be proper fans

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm glad I'm mega busy at work today, it will hopefully keep my mind off the game for a few hours and prevent the nerves from getting the better of me. Feel sick already.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
both teams have key players out. I think Palace will miss their players more than Brighton. Crank up the atmosphere and shut Palace up. Come on Brighton!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Love and hate this game in equal measure.

Won't be able to focus all day.
A loss will leave me in a bad mood for a ridiculously long period of time.
But a win! Dear Lord a win would be so, so sweet.

Come on the Albion!
Smash these pikeys!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The most anticipated away game of the season , and they stick it on at 8 in the evening! Just for the tv company …. The fans short changed again…

However, let’s win this! They will miss Zaha more than we will miss Biss and who knows we may see the talent of Moises thrown in at the deep end?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The most anticipated away game of the season , and they stick it on at 8 in the evening! Just for the tv company …. The fans short changed again…

However, let’s win this! They will miss Zaha more than we will miss Biss and who knows we may see the talent of Moises thrown in at the deep end?

Well I'm going to The Amex, enjoy Selhurst Park!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I hope it will be a good game, but having watched live all palace games this season ( and for that matter the last 20 seasons) Zaha won’t be missed he has not been playing well this season, Ayew is the bigger miss IMHO. This season Zaha has been sub and been subbed and even missed a few games all together and Palace have done ok.

Enjoy the game it should be a good one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The three 90th minute goals in the last three games should give the early leavers something to think about

Please don’t let it be Edouard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here