Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie Tanner Lewes

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

His free kick is about 30 seconds in. It was a beauty to be fair.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
[TWEET]1487018240140263424[/TWEET]

but, but, but, I thought that we were the best, better than all the other teams in the PL and our development and training facilities are better than everyone else's and we have the best beach and everything, why would anyone decide not to sign for us?

Oh, he probably doesn't want to be sent to Belgium on loan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lets hope Harry Kane doesn't see his tweets from a few years back ...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
but, but, but, I thought that we were the best, better than all the other teams in the PL and our development and training facilities are better than everyone else's and we have the best beach and everything, why would anyone decide not to sign for us?

Oh, he probably doesn't want to be sent to Belgium on loan.

Yeah that must be the reason because he'll go straight into their starting lineup...

£ is the answer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Brentford signed a player who lived in Patcham from Worthing and now Spurs getting player from Lewes. Do we look for young players all over the world but not on our door step

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Just because Tottenham have had a bid accepted, doesn't mean the player has chosen them. Although if Tottenham are the only club to have a bid accepted, it is pretty much a foregone conclusion the transfer will happen. A "bid accepted" rumour at this point feels a bit like a signpost to other clubs "if you're interested, you need to move fast, and you need to meet *our* valuation".

We've had bids accepted for players in the past that we've ultimately not been able to sign.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The way I see it, if we match or better the spurs bid and he will come to us. Player prefers Brighton career path to first team, we will also loan him back to Lewes for the rest of the season.

Its not a done deal yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Brentford signed a player who lived in Patcham from Worthing and now Spurs getting player from Lewes. Do we look for young players all over the world but not on our door step

Well we were supposedly interested in him, but presumably decided against it or procrastinated for too long.

Let's face it Lewes to the Premier League is one heck of a leap, it's been done before but it's very very rare that a player makes the grade at that level.

Solly is one example perhaps, but when he left Lewes we were still in the Championship, not the Premier League.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
While clearly very talented for Lewes, he was released by Bromley, which are conference side, will be interesting to see how he develops. Very few make it from step 6+ up to Premier League starter, without working their way up first.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I read that he would prefer to come to us, for a couple of reasons. Obviously, close proximity to where he is based, and our career progression is preferable to Spurs.

Our first bid was knocked back, and Spurs bid was accepted. If we are serious, I would think a bid matching Spurs would swing it, if we feel he’s worth it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
When I watched them play Horsham over Christmas he was superb, looked way below the level he should be playing.

I get why Tanner and Taylor get all the praise and comments but I'd say Carlsse is as good of not better. A very solid defender, comfortable on the ball with pace and very good in the final third

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here