Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie Tanner Lewes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hmm...wears an Alice band.....

Greg Luer at Burgess Hill tried to make the step up and signed for Hull. He's back at Eastbourne now, didn't really pull up trees anywhere.

Norwich it is then

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
.... and most people aren't interested in some after-timer digging them out.

I'd agree, but after the Oli Robinson saga (etc) then if he moved to a PL club it is likely to cause some unwanted attention I guess

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is he a local lad that has come through Lewes youth system or has he played for other clubs ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is he a local lad that has come through Lewes youth system or has he played for other clubs ?

Was at Bromley for a bit as a youngster I think - not sure before that

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I think he was at Arsenal and Charlton before going to Bromley. But have no idea how long he was at any of those clubs for.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Well Solly made the transition, and the club must see something in him to make them think that he could be good enough too.

He is very good for Lewes, and I think he could definitely make it at a league 1 or 2 club, but I do think it would be a very big leap to come here.

When you look at someone like Molumby and who has struggled to make an impact here, its worth pointing out that Molumby is streets ahead of Tanner. On top of that in the development squad he would have Richards, Khadra, Sarmineto, Miller, Moran, Peupion to compete with and I think they're all are better than him. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but it would be very difficult for him.

If he did come here I would presume the pathway would be some time in the development squad, and then a loan to a league club. If he develops during that time, he's young enough to give himself a chance. But I think he'd probably have a more successful career joining a lower league club with a reputation for developing talent, and try and push on from there.

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
seen him twice against Worthing and in the 5-4 especially he was the best player on the pitch. He's definitely too good for that division but Premier League may be too big a leap but it's worth a gamble

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh, no - Was that in the 12-1?

Yes, EP really struggling, and some clubs have players playing well below their level, I think Lucas is one example but LA, Saltdean etc have others

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He is very good for Lewes, and I think he could definitely make it at a league 1 or 2 club, but I do think it would be a very big leap to come here.

When you look at someone like Molumby and who has struggled to make an impact here, its worth pointing out that Molumby is streets ahead of Tanner. On top of that in the development squad he would have Richards, Khadra, Sarmineto, Miller, Moran, Peupion to compete with and I think they're all are better than him. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but it would be very difficult for him.

If he did come here I would presume the pathway would be some time in the development squad, and then a loan to a league club. If he develops during that time, he's young enough to give himself a chance. But I think he'd probably have a more successful career joining a lower league club with a reputation for developing talent, and try and push on from there.

Or developing on loan at a lower league club, with a top loan manager overseeing his progress.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went to the Merstham game at the Pan. As MattBackHome said above he scored with a superb free kick in the 2nd minute after which he was fairly anonymous except for one or two occasions when he sparked into life. He didn't look particularly fit and seemed to be blowing hard after every burst of energy. That said Merstham were shit scared of him and triple marked him whenever they could get close to him. On the day Merstham's no 2 looked a far more dangerous player.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went to the Merstham game at the Pan. As MattBackHome said above he scored with a superb free kick in the 2nd minute after which he was fairly anonymous except for one or two occasions when he sparked into life. He didn't look particularly fit and seemed to be blowing hard after every burst of energy. That said Merstham were shit scared of him and triple marked him whenever they could get close to him. On the day Merstham's no 2 looked a far more dangerous player.

I’d agree with that. Lovely free kick and some nice touches, but would need to get a lot fitter and stronger. He’s clearly better than 7th tier, but not sure he’d even cut it in the championship, unless he made some big strides in a more professional set up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here