Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Unless you can't. Please give Blood.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sure i have those here who enjoy picking fault with my posts,not an issue. Keep it coming,however after a two year gap mainly down to NSBT regulations just donated today and well over as my record shows 50+ units so whether you like me or not Please Give Blood,it means more than clapping. :bigwave:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Sure i have those here who enjoy picking fault with my posts,not an issue. Keep it coming,however after a two year gap mainly down to NSBT regulations just donated today and well over as my record shows 50+ units so whether you like me or not Please Give Blood,it means more than clapping. :bigwave:
An honest question here...

I'm a smoker and borderline alcoholic, are there rules about who can donate? I'd like to help but no point if there's more alcohol and nicotine than blood.....

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I've been giving a pint of my red stuff for many years now ... 72 donations so far. I get annoyed when I can't give. I had to cancel an appointment I had Christmastime as I'd had contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid (I remained Covid free fortunately). Now booked for early March.

I think the number of appointments are still restricted due to distancing rules etc. My daughter-in-law has been trying to book her first donation for couple of months - but just couldn't get an appointment. Coincidentally, she messaged today to say that she's managed to book a session at The Charmendean in April.

My son, who was in hospital for 6 weeks recently, has had a number of blood transfusions himself ... so I know how important it is.

So as the OP said ... Please Give Blood ... https://www.blood.co.uk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I've been giving a pint of my red stuff for many years now ... 72 donations so far. I get annoyed when I can't give. I had to cancel an appointment I had Christmastime as I'd had contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid (I remained Covid free fortunately). Now booked for early March.

I think the number of appointments are still restricted due to distancing rules etc. My daughter-in-law has been trying to book her first donation for couple of months - but just couldn't get an appointment. Coincidentally, she messaged today to say that she's managed to book a session at The Charmendean in April.

My son, who was in hospital for 6 weeks recently, has had a number of blood transfusions himself ... so I know how important it is.

So as the OP said ... Please Give Blood ... https://www.blood.co.uk

Your post almost slipped under the radar.

Well done you ( 72 donations...!!! )...an amazing effort..!!

....and I hope your son is progressing.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
So you will be opening the bowling and batting at 3?

Couldn't do worse than last seasons mob... :lolol:

Seriously without willy waving I have donated 50 times, failed my last couple of attempts due to health issues and am pissed off about it.

Mrs Jakarta donated until her cancer diagnosis & subsequent chemotherapy.

Utterly painless and a wholly good thing - why wouldn't you help other people if you could?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Seriously without willy waving I have donated 50 times, failed my last couple of attempts due to health issues and am pissed off about it.

Utterly painless and a wholly good thing - why wouldn't you help other people if you could?

And free biccies

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Like heavysoul, I've given over seventy donations and was very pissed off when I had to stop - on age grounds. One of the most worthwhile things I ever did. Please give.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Not to mention the free coffee and biccies :cool:

Edit
Oh the Postman already did:ffsparr:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2021 was quite patchy for donations for me as whenever I had an appointment booked I ended up ill or isolating it seemed. Booked for donation in Feb & fingers crossed should be able to go.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Another pissed off donor who can't right now for health reasons. Can only reiterate what others have said, please do so if you can, you will literally be saving lives.

It's quick, painless and will also leave you feeling good about what you have just done

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's quick, painless and will also leave you feeling good about what you have just done

It is important to donate but, it's not quick. I gave just before Christmas and was in the centre for just a few minutes short of two hours. With travelling time, that was about fours hours - I'd definitely take a decent book.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It is important to donate but, it's not quick. I gave just before Christmas and was in the centre for just a few minutes short of two hours. With travelling time, that was about fours hours - I'd definitely take a decent book.

I suspect most can find a donation centre locally. I'm generally in and out in 45 mins, that's not a sacrifice to time for me

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
When I lived back in the UK I would donate frequently.

Unfortunately in Spain and most of Europe I cannot be a donor as I lived in the UK during the Mad Cow disease, which is incredibly frustrating as I'm O Rhesus Negative and a universal donor.

As others have said, donate whenever you can, please!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Been meaning to book for ages and there’s not been an appointment anywhere close within three months. All booked in now, thanks for the nudge.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

That's a long time and I'n guessing something went wrong - either with staff or equipment.

They state that they like to get people through in an hour. It's traditionally been quicker than that for me although Covid does seem to have made the process a bit longer. And then the last time I went they had a problem with the new hand held gizmos that they are now using. The whole system went down and there was a delay while they tried to reboot!! In the end they went back to doing things manually. I got through in just under the hour. My donation is usually quite quick ... my PB is just under 5 minutes :D

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I feel sad that I can no longer give purely because of being unable to return to the UK during the Covid period. So at 75 years old I have had to retire on 74 donations. Shame but that's the rules. As a previous poster mentioned they won't accept my blood in Spain - but they'll take my bodily bits!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here