Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion nearly men

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Expected great things, but never really happened.

I will kick off with

David Gipp

Ian Muir

Kevin McGarrigle

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Stuart Myall - I thought we were going to see our first £1m player, but sadly I was a long way wrong on this one.

Joel Lynch - Ok made a decent career as a centre back, but looked a quality prospect, when he broke through at left back.

Joe Gatting - Gifted footballer and cricketer ended up disappointing in both.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Expected great things, but never really happened.

I will kick off with

David Gipp

Ian Muir

Kevin McGarrigle

The cohort of fans that used to attend all the reserve games at the Goldstone (£1 entry, including your single sheet 'programme') were very big fans of both Gipp and Muir.

Neither really got a chance to see if they were up to the job. In both cases physical stature counted against them I think.

Muir, went off to become Tranmere Rovers' all time record goal-scorer, so we certainly got that one wrong. Gipp dropped to non-league and then became a market trader, so harder to argue for him, I guess.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stuart Myall - I thought we were going to see our first £1m player, but sadly I was a long way wrong on this one.

Joel Lynch - Ok made a decent career as a centre back, but looked a quality prospect, when he broke through at left back.

Joe Gatting - Gifted footballer and cricketer ended up disappointing in both.

Stuart Myall, our first million pound player, seriously?

Definately agree with the other two though. Add to your list Paul Hinshelwood perhaps?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Frank Massimo
Dave Busby
Terry Stanley

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Joe Gatting

Might have been a promising player at junior level, but at first team level he was WAY off the level required, even at lowly Withdean level (nickname: SloJo). In fact didn't he pack in football after he left us earlydoors to pursue a career in cricket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here