Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What memorabilia did you get from the Goldstone?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
All I got was a chunk of turf which I put in my parents’ back garden at the time, it took and survived to this day but now just looks like any other part of the lawn.

I wish I’d got more, I’m sure the better organised than me managed to get more than that on the day and even crush barriers or turnstiles if you went back during the demolition!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I got a seat back from the west upper with my door number on it , took 5 attempts to get one that didnt break, as i had forgotten my toolkit

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Turf, which I put in my Mum's garden, she doesn't live there anymore. South stand seat, which I lost. Bit of net which is in my loft somewhere.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A wooden seat split in two I still have, and plastic seat which i lost in a move both from the west stand.
I felt guilty taking them actually.

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Someone somewhere must have Storer’s shirt too, I can’t remember but I doubt many of the players left the pitch fully clothed. I also wonder what happened to the match ball?

I believe anyone owning up to having any of these should be safe from prosecution by now!!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The piece of grass was put in a seperate pot........but died. I still a have a changing room hook that is still used.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
A piece of stripey goal net from the North Stand end (thanks to the kind fan who stood there cutting it up with his penknife for everyone).

A 'Gents' sign which I got the day after the match when a few of us got back in to liberate anything left and to have a kickabout on what was left of the pitch.

The bit of turf I got has long since died and the South Stand seat I removed has somehow been lost.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Some turf, which went into my parents front lawn. They left there years ago, and I believe the garden has now been tarmaced over to create more parking spaces. Boo.

Piece of net, which is in a box in the garage, along with lots of other memorabilia from those days.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Some turf, which went into my parents front lawn. They left there years ago, and I believe the garden has now been tarmaced over to create more parking spaces. Boo.

Piece of net, which is in a box in the garage, along with lots of other memorabilia from those days.

Hopefully they didn’t cover it with a Lidl and a TK Maxx!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
A piece of stripey goal net from the North Stand end (thanks to the kind fan who stood there cutting it up with his penknife for everyone).

A 'Gents' sign which I got the day after the match when a few of us got back in to liberate anything left and to have a kickabout on what was left of the pitch.

The bit of turf I got has long since died and the South Stand seat I removed has somehow been lost.

I too was a beneficiary of the net cutter!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I had a pot of turf on my balcony which went to seed and probably dies by the time I moved in 1999, I like to think the strip of grass at the end of New Road still has some in it

I still have my chunk of East terrace concrete.

a few photo's, papers, tickets and memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here