Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exactly :lolol: You’d think we were Kingstonian or Maidstone Utd. A decent day out and cracking stadium, yes, a cracking draw, no.

I don't doubt the quality of the away day, simply that if we have visions of doing well in the competition l'd rather leave it a few rounds before we have to visit the new White Hart Lane, and see off one or two lower division clubs first!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Leeds had 8,900 tickets for West Ham in the third round and West Ham charged £15 and £5 for kids (presumably after liaising with Leeds )
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticketing/29201/tickets-west-ham-united-a-fa-cup

Whereas Aston Villa had nearly 4000 tickets for Man United (A) and United charged £30 for adults and £15/10 for kids.
https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/19/man-utd-fa-cup-ticket-details/

Cambridge had an allocation of 5000 for Newcastle (A) . It was (in advance) £10 for adults , £5 for kids. It went to general sale. It was £20 to purchase a ticket on the day. https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/...h-football-league-saturday-8th-december-2021/

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm a 1 or 2 a season man to away games, and i'm very interested, subject to sensible kick off times and transport options and not being extorted by the ticket price

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Exactly :lolol: You’d think we were Kingstonian or Maidstone Utd. A decent day out and cracking stadium, yes, a cracking draw, no.

Have we really become that arrogant that a draw against a “ top 6” side like Tottenham Hotspur, arguably one of the biggest clubs in Europe is regarded as meh?

Blimey.

Ride the wave

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A cracking draw, do you really think so? . . . l don't.

Depends what you define as a cracking draw. We've only lost once on the road this season, yet there will be no shame if we go out. I also suspect we are one of the last teams a club like spurs want. They'll want to concentrate on going for champions league so their big guns likely to be on the bench.

el punal

Have we really become that arrogant that a draw against a “ top 6” side like Tottenham Hotspur, arguably one of the biggest clubs in Europe is regarded as meh?

Blimey.

Ride the wave

In my opinion Premier League clubs should not enter the FA Cup competition until the sixth round. That way we don’t have all the hype and nonsense of giant killing, David and Goliath, the minnows v millionaires, a team that includes a milkman, a teacher, a plumber and an ex-mass murderer, playing on some glue pot of a pitch that’s considered a great leveller despite a one in four gradient, loads of locals turning up for the game who have never seen their local side before, all the descriptions bandied about of underdogs, plucky, brave, unlucky, out of their depth, risen to the occasion, the commentators and pundits taking a double dose of forced excitement pills - oh, and the wonderful pay day that ensures that they can now afford to put a roof on the ladies bog.

Arrogant? Moi? :whistle:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Depends what you define as a cracking draw. We've only lost once on the road this season, yet there will be no shame if we go out. I also suspect we are one of the last teams a club like spurs want. They'll want to concentrate on going for champions league so their big guns likely to be on the bench.

This. We are one of the last teams Spurs would have wanted. Another top 6 team would have likely seen both teams field a weaker side. A bottom 6 team would also likely prioritise the league, any team from about 8th to 13th would have been the ones to avoid for a ‘top’ 6 team. We don’t need to rest players, will likely go for it and we’re on form. Throw in we’re dangerous away from home and there would have been more silent groans at WHL than Lancing.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I believe 3rd round TV games were announced on the Thursday following the weekend draw. So I'd certainly expect we will know within the next two days.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Draw for 3rd round was a Monday night ? so surely they should be announce the day of the game today as draw for 4th round was Sunday this time ?

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Norwich had an allocation of 9k seats for an FA Cup game at the new Spurs stadium a couple of years ago, so no reason why we wouldn't get the same. The club may however request a smaller allocation initially, I have a feeling this one will be selected for TV looking at the fixtures...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Blimey.

Ride the wave

Not what I meant, it’s a crap draw for BHA’s cup ambitions. That said, any fawning over top six sides needs to stop, along with the nauseating Gerrard love-in on here. Piss off and support Liverpool or Spurs if you’re that into it. (HTFC are also available for some)

:albion2:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Spurs allocation

Saturday 8pm KO…. 9000 allocation. On ITV4

FI_LtK4XwAMPCva.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here