Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
A cracking draw for the Albion in the F.A cup.
Assuming ITV or BBC don’t pick it for TV & move it to Friday or Monday.
Something that I only found out about is that any tickets above the 3000 allocation can be charged at normal prices so not the £30 max for away games.So if we apply for 15% of the tickets for the Spurs game only 3000 of those tickets have to be £30.The other 6000 can be charged at normal match day prices.

So will that affect how many tickets we ask spurs for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Its 99% going to be on TV. It’s the second best pick for TV fixtures, Sunday afternoon wouldn’t be too bad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure any of that is correct....

- The "£30 away ticket" rule doesn't apply to the FA Cup, that is for Premier League matches only.
- A single price has always been charged (for tickets of the same category anyway), and the compeition rules do not detail anything about two-tier pricing...

20. ADMISSION TO MATCHES - SALE OF TICKETS

(ii) Competition Proper
Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions.

Where the away Club’s spectators are permitted to attend, they can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.​

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...2021-22.ashx&usg=AOvVaw16j5I0F9_egSsTCMy9tBq4

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
this post is based on information from Supporters of Aston Villa.
I agree that the £30 away ticket is for Premier league so FA cup does not apply.
Also as there is a 55%-45% split on revenues from FA cup games I think that ticket prices have to be agreed(in principal) by both clubs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
this post is based on information from Supporters of Aston Villa.
I agree that the £30 away ticket is for Premier league so FA cup does not apply.
Also as there is a 55%-45% split on revenues from FA cup games I think that ticket prices have to be agreed(in principal) by both clubs.

Think you'll find that net receipts (after expenses and any levy to the FA) are split equally. The 55/45 applies when one of the clubs in the game is outside the EPL or EFL (the non league club getting 55%)

(b) Subject to Rules 22(k) and (l), net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In all matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the
competing Clubs.
(ii) Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-
Final the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final, involving Clubs outside The FA
Premier League or The English Football League playing against Clubs from The FA Premier League or The English Football League, the net
gate receipts of each match shall be divided between the Clubs competing in each match as follows:
55% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The English Football League.
45% to FA Premier League or English Football League Clubs

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tickets for their game in the last round v Morecambe were £20. Can't see ours being that low though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A cracking draw, do you really think so? . . . l don't.

It absolutely is. Great chance for non super fans to visit what is probably the best ground in the country and make non stop noise for 90 mins. If we get put out then, m'eh, it's Spurs away, we're not expecting to win it. If we do manage to go through it's absolute SCENES and one less of the big six left in the draw.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It absolutely is. Great chance for non super fans to visit what is probably the best ground in the country and make non stop noise for 90 mins. If we get put out then, m'eh, it's Spurs away, we're not expecting to win it. If we do manage to go through it's absolute SCENES and one less of the big six left in the draw.

I don't usually have the points for this fixture, so yes a great opp for many to visit what is a very impressive venue, and lets face it we're decent on road

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

Absolutely agree with this!!
if anyone is even considering missing this they need to give their head a wobble ! we should be taking full allocation and creating a fantastic atmosphere to roar the boys to a brilliant victory, the stadium is brilliant, the acoustics are unreal !! I can't wait - please keep it on the Saturday if not 3pm then I'll take 5.30pm kick off.

#9ktospurs

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Surely it's not how much Spurs can get out of the BHA fans, especially knowing that 9000 would travel at a decent price, but how much they can get from the Spurs fans for what they expect to be a walk over.
On the price of tickets, which part of the ground do the away prices match? That is, would we pay top wack prices or their huge home end prices?
And anyone thinking we wont get 9000, remember the Wembley Semi. Pretty certain this is ticking boxes to go to the best football stadium in the world (and it is).

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
On the price of tickets, which part of the ground do the away prices match? That is, would we pay top wack prices or their huge home end prices?

Would it not be the same price as their standard (cheapest) ticket - they cannot charge more to away fans than home fans, and we don't get a choice of where we're put, so it will be whatever they price their standard ticket as.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surely it's not how much Spurs can get out of the BHA fans, especially knowing that 9000 would travel at a decent price, but how much they can get from the Spurs fans for what they expect to be a walk over.
And anyone thinking we wont get 9000, remember the Wembley Semi. Pretty certain this is ticking boxes to go to the best football stadium in the world (and it is).

We wouldn't take 9,000 because we're not in league one anymore. Spurs is just another game to many people these days. 5,000 - 6,000 is my guess, assuming ticket prices are reasonable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here