Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Snp government and the return of fans.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Is this down to genuine facts and figures in the fall in Covid numbers or the threat of legal and financial action from sporting bodies fearing the collapse and end of their clubs especially with The Six Nations only a week or two away ? Will Welsh Labour follow suit after all those two are close political bed fellows. :facepalm: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/59954784

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can I just say, on behalf of all of us, how glad I am you're back to starting your daily evening thread (presumably after your daily evening snifter).

The paranoia, the covering of things already covered on the board, the terrible grammar. It's like you've never been away.

:kiss:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going into BBC1 weekdays 17:15 territory (again)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can I just say, on behalf of all of us, how glad I am you're back to starting your daily evening thread (presumably after your daily evening snifter).

The paranoia, the covering of things already covered on the board, the terrible grammar. It's like you've never been away.

That's harsh.
There is one full stop!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is this down to genuine facts and figures in the fall in Covid numbers or the threat of legal and financial action from sporting bodies fearing the collapse and end of their clubs especially with The Six Nations only a week or two away ? Will Welsh Labour follow suit after all those two are close political bed fellows. :facepalm: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/59954784

Nicola Sturgeon knows her stuff - naked unabashed Natonalism can't afford to lose votes by pissing off large sections of the community. She almost lost it among football fans - she can't afford to alienate the rugby fraternity too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

On this occasion I’m glad of the thread ..for without it you wouldn’t have posted this amusing ditty :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nicola Sturgeon knows her stuff - naked unabashed Natonalism can't afford to lose votes by pissing off large sections of the community. She almost lost it among football fans - she can't afford to alienate the rugby fraternity too.

:moo: I’m not sure I can stomach Nicola Sturgeon and naked in the same sentence

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
:moo: I’m not sure I can stomach Nicola Sturgeon and naked in the same sentence

Probably one of the most horrendous and awful images ever to set in the face of mankind. Like Johnson she's a busted flush. With any Nationalism comes hatred, envy, blame and incompetence. She has the lot in spades.....
They only called the limit before Christmas to both spite England and the Soccer base. Now proven to be an abject failure and of no consequence to the overall C-19 numbers she must retract and withdraw. Problem is she controls the media up here so there will be little to no repercussions .......

Me, I would prefer Tory incompetence down South to rabid Fascist Nationalism up here...

Democracy at stake......

TNBA

TTF

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Keeping sporting venues closed with the six nations fast approaching not to mention the SPL return Sturgeon was on political suicide. Stupid woman.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Stayed in Dalgety Bay last week and the general consensus amongst those we spoke to whilst there was she would never win an independence referendum

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh
It's political savvy on behalf of Sturgeon.It was a sensible move to close us down,a) because in spite of all the rumours of Omricon being 'mild' it's still seeing our hospitals overun and a fair number of deaths.But Sturgeon's expediancy has much to do both with sporting fixtures and with the economy.The Six Nations brings much needed coppers into the tills of Tartan tatt shops in Edinburgh,and the surrounding pubs.
Speaking as a Hibbie, the break couldn't have come at a better time, a loss in form, a loss in Manager,; Sean Moloney in,;five new signings and a chance to work on defending in time for Smeltic on Monday.Can't wait.

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh
I'm not altogether certain the SNP leadership want a referendom any time soon,especially not if your a Sturgeon watcher.My opinion is she's quite happy with her position as top dog in Scotland.It's a cushy wee number and as long as you're not as big an arse as Bozo the clown your guarenteed a nice pay packet,chaffeur driven cars and a nice hoose.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's political savvy on behalf of Sturgeon.It was a sensible move to close us down,a) because in spite of all the rumours of Omricon being 'mild' it's still seeing our hospitals overun and a fair number of deaths.But Sturgeon's expediancy has much to do both with sporting fixtures and with the economy.The Six Nations brings much needed coppers into the tills of Tartan tatt shops in Edinburgh,and the surrounding pubs.
Speaking as a Hibbie, the break couldn't have come at a better time, a loss in form, a loss in Manager,; Sean Moloney in,;five new signings and a chance to work on defending in time for Smeltic on Monday.Can't wait.

If Covid numbers are up and hospital cases are up, what is her reasoning for reopening sporting events (other than political)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here