Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hugo Ekitike

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Waited a while to see if it was discussed anywhere else but haven't seen anything. We, along with Brentford and mainly Newcastle are thought to have bid for Hugo Ekitike of Reims.

Shocking attempt at thread I know, so if anyone would like to add the usual good stuff please do.

https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/1480823007765573634

Dunno if he's reliable but it's in a few other places too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
£30 million on a teenager? I doubt it very much.

So does Naylor it seems…

[tweet]1480844154095775744[/tweet]

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Waited a while to see if it was discussed anywhere else but haven't seen anything. We, along with Brentford and mainly Newcastle are thought to have bid for Hugo Ekitike of Reims.

Shocking attempt at thread I know, so if anyone would like to add the usual good stuff please do.

Its not a striker thread without a showreel. Here's one a Geordie made earlier -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDNTybnESLk

Jul 7, 2003
I'm 53 with a metal knee and play once a week with friends but at this rate, I will be linked with a move to Newcastle shortly.

I would turn them down though!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
£30 million on a teenager? I doubt it very much.

So does Naylor it seems…

[tweet]1480844154095775744[/tweet]

I so much want this player to sign, even if he's crap, just because Naylor has been so dismissive of the story.

If we were to sign him Naylor would be slaughtered even more than when he said there was no chance of Zamora returning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Click. And, furthermore, bait.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I so much want this player to sign, even if he's crap, just because Naylor has been so dismissive of the story.

If we were to sign him Naylor would be slaughtered even more than when he said there was no chance of Zamora returning.

I don't get the Anti-Naylor stance. He's clearly asked his source (whoever that is at the club, possibly the press officer, possibly someone else) and reported back. Now, I might be wrong, but he would dismiss is out of hand like that unless he'd almost been categorically told that there was zero chance of it happening as thing stand, or that it was so far away from reality that it wasn't worth discussing.

However, if things changed, that doesn't alter his initial reaction. He is reporting back with the information he gets at the time. If that information changes, then so does what he says :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Noted in the newcastle thread

People seem to think my work in the transfer window is a piece of wee-wee.
The skill and guile that goes into my craft is second to none.

They come at the king and they always miss.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't get the Anti-Naylor stance. He's clearly asked his source (whoever that is at the club, possibly the press officer, possibly someone else) and reported back. Now, I might be wrong, but he would dismiss is out of hand like that unless he'd almost been categorically told that there was zero chance of it happening as thing stand, or that it was so far away from reality that it wasn't worth discussing.

However, if things changed, that doesn't alter his initial reaction. He is reporting back with the information he gets at the time. If that information changes, then so does what he says :shrug:

:D

Andy Naylor is one of the funniest sidekicks in the Brighton universe.

If he says something and it turns out the other way, it was because information changed.

If he doesnt say anything, and something happens, it was because he wasnt allowed to say anything.

If he says something that x number of media sources already said and it turns out to be right, it was because of all his inside information...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
People seem to think my work in the transfer window is a piece of wee-wee.
The skill and guile that goes into my craft is second to none.

They come at the king and they always miss.

I hope you remember to save a little skill and guile for this year's bee stalking videos ???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:D

Andy Naylor is one of the funniest sidekicks in the Brighton universe.

If he says something and it turns out the other way, it was because information changed.

If he doesnt say anything, and something happens, it was because he wasnt allowed to say anything.

If he says something that x number of media sources already said and it turns out to be right, it was because of all his inside information...

Are you THE funniest (in either the 'strange, perplexing, hard to account for' or 'slightly unwell' sense, as opposed to the 'amusing, comical' one) sidekick in the Brighton universe?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope you remember to save a little skill and guile for this year's bee stalking videos ???

Stay tuned for an announcement, next month, that will blow the minds of NSC's gardening and concreting community.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are you THE funniest (in either the 'strange, perplexing, hard to account for' or 'slightly unwell' sense, as opposed to the 'amusing, comical' one) sidekick in the Brighton universe?

Maybe, hard for me to answer. My "funny" value decreases however since I'm not employed as some kind of fortune teller and also dont have a bunch of admirers trying to invent my alleged value and knowledge.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Or when he said Edouard was a definite no but others were getting excited because it was in the Scottish Sun that he was signing for us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm 53 with a metal knee and play once a week with friends but at this rate, I will be linked with a move to Newcastle shortly.

I would turn them down though!

If you did end up signing for Newcastle, at 53 you might think you would be the oldest pro player in the world, but I learned today, that you would be wrong.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you did end up signing for Newcastle, at 53 you might think you would be the oldest pro player in the world, but I learned today, that you would be wrong.

Miura is going semi-pro now unfortunately, so the record is there for the taking.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£25M offer from Newcastle accepted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here