Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bryan Robson:"The greatest talent that England has ever produced"

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The words of the late Sir Bobby Robson on Robson who turns 65 today.

Big call?

Better than Sir Bobby Charlton?

Or even Jimmy Greaves?

Or Gazza?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Drunkard who wasted his talent.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He looked good when the search for a replacement in the England team was going on .. Carlton Palmer anyone?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Saw him play quite a few times for England, I agree with Bobby Robson. Great box to box player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Big call?

Or even Jimmy Greaves?

Or Gazza?

When did Sir Bobby say this? After he had managed Gascoigne?

I mean, Robson was a very decent player, and I wouldn't fancy being his opposite number in a game, but not the game changer that many others have been

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe Bobby Robson mixed up Bryan and Bobby. I certainly did a few times when I started to read about English football history.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
An old school hard midfielder. Some great battles with the likes of Steve McMahon over the years.

Solid and dependable and a good leader.

But the best, I am not sure. Respect sir bob though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Big call?

Or even Jimmy Greaves?

Or Gazza?

Suspect Bobby Charlton would suggest people look no further than Duncan Edwards.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Whatever happened to Duncan Edwards? Lost in the Munich disaster and getting forgotten over the years. By all accounts he WAS the best player England ever produced, endorsed by just about anyone who was alive at the time. Not enough Premier League action of him recorded by Sky TV to compare with anyone since. In fact, Sky would probably create a conspiracy theory that he didn’t exist.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe Bobby Robson mixed up Bryan and Bobby. I certainly did a few times when I started to read about English football history.

This is him lifting up the cup in ‘83 having scored against us in the final.

2ff2e75d439bd4bee73c37f9a02d5aaf.jpg

Not really bothered about the drunkard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of the most complete, all-round English midfielders of the last 50 years then Robson has to be right up there with Gerrard.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whatever happened to Duncan Edwards? Lost in the Munich disaster and getting forgotten over the years. By all accounts he WAS the best player England ever produced, endorsed by just about anyone who was alive at the time. Not enough Premier League action of him recorded by Sky TV to compare with anyone since. In fact, Sky would probably create a conspiracy theory that he didn’t exist.

Well that's just the problem with all great players of long ago, we'll never know just how good they were, as of course they haven't been pitted against players of the modern day.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well that's just the problem with players of today, we'll never know just how good they are, as of course they haven't been pitted against the great players of previous eras

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here