Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Virtual Fans Forum 25/1/22

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt 95% of questions will be on the sharing of ST, and looks like ST renewal details being released ahead of this forum, so maybe the club will tweak the scheme slightly to dampen protests.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The scheme will be tweaked for sure, but not as some sort of protest-dampening measure, but because having had the scheme used in anger for a while now, there are areas where it can be improved upon.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'm sure I remember PB saying that they will look at the ticket sharing at the end of the season, either at the fans forum, or another interview around the time?

I'm sure they will come up with system that makes the majority happy. You can't please everyone one all the time.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The scheme will be tweaked for sure, but not as some sort of protest-dampening measure, but because having had the scheme used in anger for a while now, there are areas where it can be improved upon.

How do you see it being improved?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Bound to be a question asking if the club are thinking of recruiting a striker.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bound to be a question asking if the club are thinking of recruiting a striker.

The FF is little more than a PR exercise now, gone are the days where communication was a real issue and comparatively there’s absolutely nothing to moan about. Anything contentious will be evaded or, as we know, be contested as wrong by PB with such a word count few can keep up with and tell whether it was answered or not. But nice the club still holds one. Whether it actually matters or makes any difference I’m not so sure. Especially when, as you allude, Martin from Portslade asks if the club is looking to bring in a striker…:facepalm:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The FF is little more than a PR exercise now, gone are the days where communication was a real issue and comparatively there’s absolutely nothing to moan about. Anything contentious will be evaded or, as we know, be contested as wrong by PB with such a word count few can keep up with and tell whether it was answered or not. But nice the club still holds one. Whether it actually matters or makes any difference I’m not so sure. Especially when, as you allude, Martin from Portslade asks if the club is looking to bring in a striker…:facepalm:

We might even get a question from Anonymous of Cliveden, asking for mileage allowance to be paid for fans outside of Sussex :wink:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We might even get a question from Anon of Cliveden, asking for mileage allowance to be paid for fans outside of Sussex :wink:

Nah, the free coach service will negate that!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How do you see it being improved?

I think the scheme, as it currently is, probably does a good job for those groups of people who have shared a few season tickets amongst a larger group, mixing and matching who goes from fixture to fixture.

It doesn't work that well for those who expect to go to every game but then find that something has come up and they can't go to a particular game.

I think the scheme will make it easier/cheaper for these one-off ad hoc shares to take place in the latter scenario.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think the scheme, as it currently is, probably does a good job for those groups of people who have shared a few season tickets amongst a larger group, mixing and matching who goes from fixture to fixture.

It doesn't work that well for those who expect to go to every game but then find that something has come up and they can't go to a particular game.

I think the scheme will make it easier/cheaper for these one-off ad hoc shares to take place in the latter scenario.
I think people's main gripe is having to pay the £45 total? to transfer the ticket. I think it's fair that the recipient should pay to become a member, and the benefits that come with it and can have a ticket transferred.

A season ticket holder having to pay to give someone who has already paid to become a member is a bit cheeky imo.

I get its more beneficial to those who know they won't be able to go to every game a season, and know someone who can, but I still feel it's a bit cheeky to get the season ticket holder to pay on top.

It will be interesting to see how they play this next season. I feel they will do the right thing and come up with a better solution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here